• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kids decide when?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

susy-Q 19

I live in Texas and have had custody of my 2 girls ages 15 and 13. There father sees them 2-4 times a year and usually because they are visiting his mother. I have recently petitioned to have child support raised. This made him angry. He was paying a very low amount because he never has held regular employment. Because of his anger about this and has threatened the girls with they will have to visit him regularly. The girls do not want to go every other weekend because they have activities and committments. What will happen if I don't force them to go and he takes us to court for visitation issues? Are they old enough to decide if they want to go or not?

[Edited by susy-Q 19 on 01-30-2001 at 04:36 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">