• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kids wont go...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BigDadTX

I am in Texas and having a hard time with the Ex and my visitation. She says that its "up to the kids" to go or not. The boys have come around some and have started spending more time with me, while the girls still wont speak to me when she is around. Interestingly enough they do speak to me when they are with my Aunt who they still have a good relationship with. However, even the boys are up and down depending on how she treats them when they return from our visits.

My question is what if anything can be done to make certain that she had the kids at home and available when its my time to get them. I have documented with the police times when they were not home or she didnt have them all available. I know she is required by the court order to do it, but what can be done in that area?

I was also told at one point to get an officer to assist in getting them, but one officer told me one that the kids didnt have an option and then when I tried another officer said they did. So i dont know what to do.

I have tried to stay nice through all this and not talk bad about my exe, while she has told lies upon lies about me to them. It seems like a never ending, no win situation... I just want my time with my kids!

mistoffolees

I am in Texas and having a hard time with the Ex and my visitation. She says that its "up to the kids" to go or not. The boys have come around some and have started spending more time with me, while the girls still wont speak to me when she is around. Interestingly enough they do speak to me when they are with my Aunt who they still have a good relationship with. However, even the boys are up and down depending on how she treats them when they return from our visits.

My question is what if anything can be done to make certain that she had the kids at home and available when its my time to get them. I have documented with the police times when they were not home or she didnt have them all available. I know she is required by the court order to do it, but what can be done in that area?

I was also told at one point to get an officer to assist in getting them, but one officer told me one that the kids didnt have an option and then when I tried another officer said they did. So i dont know what to do.

I have tried to stay nice through all this and not talk bad about my exe, while she has told lies upon lies about me to them. It seems like a never ending, no win situation... I just want my time with my kids!
Does it really take that much effort to search for the previous 10,000 times this question has been asked and answered?

Until the kids are 18 (or higher in some states), the court order is binding. If Mom refuses to make the kids available for visitation, file for contempt. The kids do not get to choose until they're adults.

BigDadTX

I have been searching the forum.... but she is saying that she isnt keeping the kids from me. that they are chosing to not go and or not make themselves available. I honestly feel that there is parental alienation going on here in addition to verbal abuse.

I guess I just feel like my hands are tied and I can't get any assistance from the local authorities. I am sorry if I asked a stupid question.

mistoffolees

I have been searching the forum.... but she is saying that she isnt keeping the kids from me. that they are chosing to not go and or not make themselves available. I honestly feel that there is parental alienation going on here in addition to verbal abuse.

I guess I just feel like my hands are tied and I can't get any assistance from the local authorities. I am sorry if I asked a stupid question.
You go there to get the kids. Tell them to get into the car. Explain to Mom that if the kids don't go, you will be filing for contempt against her (Mom) as well as asking for sole custody due to custodial interference. That ought to make the girls move.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

The POINT is that, if you are supposed to have xyz for custody and she is preventing that, then you go back to court. It's been all over this forum, literally hundreds of times.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">