• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawyer did not show up for trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maggie14

What is the name of your state? North Carolina- My ex made false accusations against me and got his lawyer to serve me with a ex parte order, for Aug.15th Everyone showed up for this hearing accept his lawyer. The judge waited as long as he could for my ex's lawyer to show up but she never did. The judge granted a contunience until Sept. 12th. Can I use the fact that his own lawyer didn't show up for this ex parte hearing to my advantage when we go to court Monday. Is there a time limit that a ex parte order expire? I thought that a ex parte order is a emergiency order to have a child remove from a home asap. I still have my daughter with me to this day. Whats up with this?

maggie14

Laws concerning Ex Parte Order

North Carolina- What are the law concerning Ex Parte and temp. child custody orders. I was served with a ex parte order that never was heard because ex's lawyer that filed the paper work did not show up for court that day Aug. 15th. The incident in question happen on July 24th It is now Sept.7 and my child is still with me safe and sound. First judge on the 15th had it con't til sept. 12th because ex's lawyer did even show up for it. Can I ask the judge on the 12th if it can be dismissed because of the length of time that has gone by since I was originally served on Aug.8th.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">