• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Leaving for military need child legal advise, quick!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cassie268

I am leaving for the army and I want to give my aunt temporary custody of my 1 year old daughter. I do not feel that her father is responsible enough to take care of her while i'm gone. We are not deivorced, so I don't know if that is possible. I was going to get a letter notarized saying that i'm giving my aunt temporary custody while I'm in basic training, but some one told me that he could still take my daughter and leave. My biggest concern is recently he has been saying that he is going to take my daughter out of the country, while I'm gone. He dosen't take very good care of her now, while I'm working and he's at home, so I don't think him taking her away by himself is safe. So what should I do. Should i get him to sign the notarized letter too. Should I try to get him on tape saying or do I have to go through the court system, because I don't have much time before I ship out.

L

LadyBlu

Cassie268 said:
I am leaving for the army and I want to give my aunt temporary custody of my 1 year old daughter. I do not feel that her father is responsible enough to take care of her while i'm gone. We are not deivorced, so I don't know if that is possible. I was going to get a letter notarized saying that i'm giving my aunt temporary custody while I'm in basic training, but some one told me that he could still take my daughter and leave. My biggest concern is recently he has been saying that he is going to take my daughter out of the country, while I'm gone. He dosen't take very good care of her now, while I'm working and he's at home, so I don't think him taking her away by himself is safe. So what should I do. Should i get him to sign the notarized letter too. Should I try to get him on tape saying or do I have to go through the court system, because I don't have much time before I ship out.
You should see an attorney immediately and find one that will give emergency guardianship of the child to your aunt, until after you have completed basic. This will prevent dad from taking the child out of the country, while still allowing him reasonable visitation rights in your absende.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">