• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Guardian

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jaime Saldana

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Good afternoon everyone....can a guardian that has my son put his last name on my son?

Here is a run down, my ex and I were having problems and my son was placed with a legal guardian, now I received copies of his academic scholarships, and while looking at them they had the legal guardians last name, is this possible?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Good afternoon everyone....can a guardian that has my son put his last name on my son?

Here is a run down, my ex and I were having problems and my son was placed with a legal guardian, now I received copies of his academic scholarships, and while looking at them they had the legal guardians last name, is this possible?
legally, the guardian cannot change the child's name without you or mom's permission, and/or the courts permission.'

dude. either you have custody, or you are unfit parent. make up your mind which story you are going to go with.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">