• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

legally separated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gaems143

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My husband's ex-wife and her current husband say they are legally separated. Is this public knowledge and can we get a copy from the court house?

History: They miraculously separated prior to my husband serving modification papers (he found out in her response) because her husband is an ex-con who was charged with cruelty to children. He believes that they "separated" due to this modification and will reunite when it is over. He is trying to catch them in a lie.

Thanks.

seniorjudge

gaems143 said:

My husband's ex-wife and her current husband say they are legally separated. Is this public knowledge and can we get a copy from the court house?

History: They miraculously separated prior to my husband serving modification papers (he found out in her response) because her husband is an ex-con who was charged with cruelty to children. He believes that they "separated" due to this modification and will reunite when it is over. He is trying to catch them in a lie.

Thanks.
It is up to the ex-wife to prove the separation; not the other way around.

You can go look through the courthouse records but I doubt that any judge with half a brain will be impressed on what the ex-wife has done.

LdiJ

gaems143 said:

Thanks.
That is not a very logical strategy if so. Because if they reunite your husband can simply refile his modification, based on a "change of circumstance".

Maybe she realized that she had made a mistake?

nextwife

You can hire a PI to try to prove that the guy is still living there. If so, the "seperation" is irrelevant to ythe custody issue, as this guy IS still "around" the kids.

ceara19

The actual DETAILS of the new hubby's crime will play a HUGE part in how the court will view this man being around the children. Have you gotten that information yet?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">