• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Letter Appropriate? I Sending It Certified

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Teejones

What is the name of your state? Maryland

RE: Court Ordered Visitation

Case #: XXXXXXX

Dear (father)

On Wednesday, July 3, 2002 you came to my home to inquire about a letter you received in reference to a review for a possible increase in child support payments. While in my home, you stated that I withheld (SON from you for 13 ½ months out of spite for being mad at you. During the time period of May 16, 2001 thru July 3, 2002 you failed to contact me to set up any time with your son or to see how your son is doing. I contacted you in the afternoon of Saturday, June 8, 2002 to inform you of (SON)’s graduation date and time. Your court ordered visitation states every other Thursday and Friday in which you chose those days. The above-mentioned child was to be picked up after school and returned to my home each evening because while at court you agreed to no overnights.

During the above mentioned time period, you have been to the school a few times to speak to (SON), but you never been there neither to meet with his teacher about his progress in school nor to pick him up on scheduled visitation days. After the court ordered visitation was set, I told you that you could pick (SON) up any other day and time that you wanted. The only thing I asked you to do was call me at least a day or two ahead of time to let me know what time you want to pick him up if it is not a scheduled visitation day. You have never done that. It’s not fair for you to want him at the last minute when it is not your scheduled time. (Example: On July 3, 2002 you came to home mad about child support. At the last minute, you wanted him the next day on July 4, 2002. I told you no because we already had plans and you did not inform me of this prior to being mad about the support payments.)

I placed a called to you on your cell phone the evening of Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 9:40 p.m. You did not answer, so I left you a voice message stating that this week was not your visitation week, but I told you the following week it would be. In that message, I asked you to call me the following Wednesday evening (July 10th to let me know what time you will pick him up on Thursday. You did not call him or me to inform us of anything. I took (SON) to work with me on Thursday so that he would still be available just in case you called at the last minute. You still made no attempts to call on Thursday. (SON) called you and informed you that I let him have my old cell phone number since you claim that I don’t let him call you. You also stated that you don’t call him because you don’t want to talk to me or hear my voice. He told you that you could reach him on that number from now on. It has been almost a week and you have not returned his call. Although (SON) has that number now, you could have still called the number to give both of us a time for picking him up for your scheduled visitation.

To conclude, I am tired of you blaming me for your irresponsible actions of not calling your son, or utilizing your visitation schedule. Just like you went to the school for other reasons, you could as well been there to pick your son up when you were supposed to. The same way you came to my home to through a rage about an increase in child support payments, you could as well came there to see how your son was doing or to set up a time to pick him up for visitation. Just like to state that you are tired of it all…I am tired of your lies as to me keeping him from you and not letting him contact you. I have never denied you your time with your son nor have I ever stopped him from calling you and you know that. He calls other people and has always been free to call you whenever he wants. I would hope that in the future we could discuss matters pertaining to (SON) rationally. He was very upset by your tone and actions (yelling, screaming, cussing, and name calling) when you were in our home on Wednesday, July 3, 2002.

Regards,

XXXXXXXX

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">