• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

letter to judge?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speedcam

wisc.

i and my wife, for whom i am asking this question, would like to know if writting a letter to the judge would be benificial or even a good idea if she has concerns regarding the old matter of vacation. the paperwork does not state specific days of when the child will be home all it says is that the vacation will end on the 19th. (which would be her day with the child) also it gave us the address for the hotel the reservations were made at but no phone, when she called,after i found it on the internet, there was no one registered under that name. so it took an extra day and more calls to find out what the last name of the girlfriend was so we could see if it were under that name, which it was. but the paperwork stated that the "petitioner" had made the reservations. were we to assume that the room(s) would be under this other persons name, what if we had an emergency?
well anywho.... just curious we were told to write the judge a letter by the court commisioner, is this wise?
thanks

BL

You could but if you do make things clearer because We have no Idea from this posting what the order stated and really what is wrong.

You send a copy of the order , cite the Orders , cite what orders are not being fallowed.

The Judge might read and consider it, or send it back with a note stating the Judge can not read " Ex Parta " communications.

In the event it's return like that, you would have to file a modification or contempt Petition.

speedcam

ok, but then who do you write it to? i mean there isn't a severe problem with it, we just want to have the wording clearified. and make knowledge of the fact that contrary to the papers we got, the rooms were not in his name so we had no way of contacting him in case of something happening with the two boys.
thanks again

VeronicaGia

Then your wife will have to file another contempt action. Writing directly to a judge could do the case much more harm than good.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Today's the 18th. The vacation ends tomorrow, apparently. Or are we talking about a different month?

If the boys are with THEM, then THEY would be the ones to contact YOU should there be a problem with one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

haiku

I have to agree that your posts are very "micro managing" lighten up and enjoy your last day "kidless" LOL.

Seriously, you know the kids are at that hotel, under the girlfriends name, problem solved, there really is no issue. having it court ordered he must always get rooms in his name is just downright nutty in my mind, let these people have a life.....

Some of this is really little stuff, you are letting eat at you, it will never be perfect, and some stuff you have to let slide, and personally as a parent myself, this is small stuff.

speedcam

stealth2 said:
Today's the 18th. The vacation ends tomorrow, apparently. Or are we talking about a different month?

If the boys are with THEM, then THEY would be the ones to contact YOU should there be a problem with one of them.
******** IT WAS JUST A QUESTION BECAUSE I HAD NEVER HEARD ANYONE being told to write to the judge himself/ herself before. i thought it was a tad bit odd. and yes i agree the following day would have been the return date(19th). but y'all are reading it differently than written.. the boys were left home with their mom and me.. so no they would needed to be contacted by her if there was a problem.

and quess what there was a problem. and we did have to run one up to the hospital.......

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Oh for heaven's sake. Did you ever SAY that the kids weren't with Dad? NO. So how could we read it differently than it was written if you never bloody well wrote it?

Did the daughter go with Dad or not?

speedcam

speedcam said:
the rooms were not in his name so we had no way of contacting him in case of something happening with the two boys.
i don't know but i would gether from this here line that since it says WE had no way, i would think they were with us....

maybe i make it to easy and y'all are used to the legal gargon that no one else can understand........;)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
speedcam said:
i don't know but i would gether from this here line that since it says WE had no way, i would think they were with us....

maybe i make it to easy and y'all are used to the legal gargon that no one else can understand........;)
That means Mom and you had no way to contact them. Now - was the daughter with Dad or not? If NOT, then what y'all did in trying to track down their hotel room was totally out of line. If she was, it's still a bit out there, but more understandable.

BL

Orig. Posted by BL ..... You would have to make things Clearer ......

" WE " , " The Papers " ," What if " WE " had an Emergency , and the last post is out of this world ....

And what do you think the date the visits end mean ?

The grammar , mingled non completed sentences , Etc. are NON comprehensible .

I hope you do a better job of it. explaining yourself to the court.

An English class would not hurt either ...

Maybe hire an Attorney too .
You do one of two things: 1 ) Drop It . 2 ) Fallow my advise in my other post ..

speedcam

YES THAT THERE DAUGHTER WAS WITH HER PAPPY AND THEM THERE BOYS WAS STAYIN AT THEIR MA'S HOUSE AND MINE. OHH, and i do have a attorney, english class. hell i've had 14 yrs of it

"And what do you think the date the visits end mean ?"

** well by all rights i would assume that it would mean they would be back in the state if not home that day since it was now over. but i also know how the courts take things and it all depends on what way the coin falls to help them decide on which way they want to looks at it.

"That means Mom and you had no way to contact them."

** your right , we had no way to contact them ( father & daughter).

" If she was, it's still a bit out there, but more understandable."

** i don't feel it was any where out of line since it is also my wife's daughter and since the papers stated where they were going to be(hotel) but were not registered, it kind of makes, or at least mine, the mother of the child a little nervous. and since he took off with the daughter before she was even a little more on edge about it.

" 2 ) Fallow my advise in my other post .."

** maybe you need to "fallow" your own advice,........ also

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Dude - if you want reasonable advice, you need to take the time to write it in a way it can be understood by reasonable people. Most of your posts are just this side of incomprehensible.

and BL.... you *did* mess "follow" up, dude.

speedcam

stealth2 said:
Dude - if you want reasonable advice, you need to take the time to write it in a way it can be understood by reasonable people. Most of your posts are just this side of incomprehensible.

and BL.... you *did* mess "follow" up, dude.

*** stealth i understand that it may not be the best in the world but i kind of figured that you would get the jist of it after reading all the other stupid posts i have put up here. guess i didn't realize that when some one messes up the spell. that no one would figure out what i meant, as far as not jumping around during the post, last time i put everything down so everyone knew what was going on , i got jumped because i "should have left most the crap out of it".
so which way should i do it, with the info? or with just enough info to get the wrong advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">