• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lien holder will not sign release on paid lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pinto

What is the name of your state? Oregon
A lien on me is holding up my house purchase. It is a small amount just over $3000 and I wired that amount to the Title Co. so the lien holder could sign the release form and receive the lien money money.
The lien holder is not appearing and does not return the Title Co's calls. It is apparent that the lien holder(my daughter) is doing this under my ex-wife's direction to spite me.
What can I do so the lender and Title company can proceed with my house deal?

nextwife

See if the title company can hold 1 1/2 X the amount needed in an escrow, as protection, to offer affirmative coverage over the lien until you can onbtain a court order requiring release to be signed upon payment of trhe requisite funds. There is a statutory limit to what amounts can be demanded by a lienholder as costs over and above the lien/eexpenses filed..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">