• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lifting a restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbagot

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
Hello, I have been served with visitation papers form my sons father. the petition includes a restraining order that the child not leave the state of CA. However, I am only working in LA on a temporary contracted nuring assignment which ends today. My permanent residence is in MO. The father and I were not married nor do we have any formal vistation, custody or child support agreement in place.
Will our son and myself ever be able to return home to our residence in MO?

Banned_Princess

Hello, I have been served with visitation papers form my sons father. the petition includes a restraining order that the child not leave the state of CA. However, I am only working in LA on a temporary contracted nuring assignment which ends today. My permanent residence is in MO. The father and I were not married nor do we have any formal vistation, custody or child support agreement in place.

Ever? maybe.

Soon? no.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
How long have you and Junior lived in MO? If it's longer than 6 months (or the child was born in MO) then Dad will have to file in the state where the child is a resident.

LdiJ

How long have you and your child been in CA? Where was your child born?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">