• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Limited Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

browbeaten

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My wife has filed for divorce in Michigan. She has requested supervised parenting time and full custody because I suffer from depression. She does not (and cannot) make any allegations of abuse or lack of love on my part. Can she do this?

TinkerBelleLuvr

My wife has filed for divorce in Michigan. She has requested supervised parenting time and full custody because I suffer from depression. She does not (and cannot) make any allegations of abuse or lack of love on my part. Can she do this?
She can ask, but what can she PROVE?

Are you under medical treatment now? Do you function normally in life, albeit, just a bit sad? Do you sleep when not at work? What?

LdiJ

She can ask, but what can she PROVE?

Are you under medical treatment now? Do you function normally in life, albeit, just a bit sad? Do you sleep when not at work? What?
I agree and will also add, how your depression effects you would effect your child if you were alone with your child.

If your depression is well treated and under control with medication, then it would have little to no effect on your child. If it is not well treated and under control, it could potentially effect your child in a seriously negative way.

Isis1

OP, depending on your severity of depression, mom would be hard pressed.

i suffer from chronic depression. i have physical custody of one child, and also have two additional children of whom i am a stay at home mom to. it doesn't change my parenting. or the value of a parent.

she can request anything under the sun. doesn't mean she is going to get it.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Having gone thru the courts in Michigan, I was able to PROVE enough facts that dad received supervised visits.

I ask what mom can PROVE.

Are you going in front of a judge or a referee?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">