• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long Distance Visitation Plan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ProSeDadinMD

I'm a bit worried that all the responders in your thread seem to think you can just stomp into court with your emails and win.

Email can be tricky, legally. Easily faked. Not always allowed as evidence. Depends upon the state.

Check with your attorney, before you count your chickens.
Emails can be admitted into evidence in MD, both with motions/answers/etc and in trial.

I agree with making sure both lawyers see them.

However, in my case, The Ex:rolleyes: admitted that she wrote them when I asked her i court, which probably helped a little.:D

Silverplum

Emails can be admitted into evidence in MD, both with motions/answers/etc and in trial.

I agree with making sure both lawyers see them.

However, in my case, The Ex:rolleyes: admitted that she wrote them when I asked her i court, which probably helped a little.:D
Thanks mucho for MD-specific info!

Her admittal helped perhaps just a smidge. That, and the fact that she's a monster AND an idiot. ;)

terp

Our text messages from our cells were admissible in our case....save everything you have to show this behavior. good luck!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If you have an attorney, why are you talking to his? That's YOUR lawyer's job.

And folks - the kid is 14, not 8. Not that the court is going to appreciate Dad bringing him to court, regardless.

But, I have to say.... I'm really not grokking the fact that Mom gave Dad custody, KNOWING what he's like and how he would likely handle things. Talk about hindsight & 20/20 vision, I guess.

milspecgirl

well, now where did i get 8???? I am losing it. sorry-

however, the judge is still not going to appreciate dad bringing child in. plus, child's wishes, if the judge even listens to him do not trump the parents right to visitation unless the child is being harmed

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">