• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

judyneddie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
I have a 4 yr. old little girl. Me & my parents live in my parents basement as an apartment. My hubby works and I am a housewife/full time at home college student. I take care of our daughter and he works. Well, he said that if I left him I would have to have a job to support her and would have to find a "dwelling" for just me and her and couldn't live with my parents to keep custody of her. Even though my parents provide more for us than my hubby does and would then. Also, he always threatened that if he leaves he will push for week on week off type of custody. Would he be able to get this with it being a little girl? Also, is what he saying right? We almost got a divorce before and he actually went to an attorney that helped him; my attorney was a dumb A who didn't help me know anything. Any info please let me know! Thanks!

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
I have a 4 yr. old little girl. Me & my parents live in my parents basement as an apartment. My hubby works and I am a housewife/full time at home college student. I take care of our daughter and he works. Well, he said that if I left him I would have to have a job to support her and would have to find a "dwelling" for just me and her and couldn't live with my parents to keep custody of her. Even though my parents provide more for us than my hubby does and would then. Also, he always threatened that if he leaves he will push for week on week off type of custody. Would he be able to get this with it being a little girl? Also, is what he saying right? We almost got a divorce before and he actually went to an attorney that helped him; my attorney was a dumb A who didn't help me know anything. Any info please let me know! Thanks!
dad might have a case if the basement is not habitable. leaks, mold, no fire escape access. you living at your parents house has no real bearing on child custody. same as if dad moved in with his parents. it happens. week on week off custody is actually a good thing for your child. 50/50 custody should always be the main goal when it comes to children. regardless of the sex of the child. and 50/50doesn't always mean one week on, one week off. i believe there are other schedules that still equal a 50/50 custody.

but having a job to support your daughter is actually good advice. it's not good to rely on child support or even your parents when raising a child alone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">