• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking to get custody or visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nadinevito

I live in Las Vegas Nevada, I have a 12 yr. old daughter in Los Angeles. I pay child support, I never lost my rights as a father but haven't seen my daughter in 11 yrs. Who do I talk to so I can get temporary custody even visitations untill coustody will be approaved? I need help I have not a clue what to do child support will not help me they just want my money.

Silverplum

I live in Las Vegas Nevada, I have a 12 yr. old daughter in Los Angeles. I pay child support, I never lost my rights as a father but haven't seen my daughter in 11 yrs. Who do I talk to so I can get temporary custody even visitations untill coustody will be approaved? I need help I have not a clue what to do child support will not help me they just want my money.
Child support enforcement is not about custody matters. No wonder "they" won't help you.

You are not going to "get custody" of a child you haven't seen in ELEVEN YEARS. :eek: :rolleyes: That's outlandish.

You can file for visitation. For the child's sake, and to be realistic, ask for graduated visits, so she can get to know you. You're a complete stranger, for Pete's sake.

LdiJ

You are a total stranger to the child. No way would you be given temporary custody nor do you have any viable shot at primary or full custody even after a court battle.

However, you can certainly get visitation, but you will probably be required to take it slow to give the child a chance to get to know you.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You are a total stranger to the child. No way would you be given temporary custody nor do you have any viable shot at primary or full custody even after a court battle.

However, you can certainly get visitation, but you will probably be required to take it slow to give the child a chance to get to know you.
And probably not any kind of joint legal, either....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">