• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for information related to child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Thompson79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tampa, Florida

I wanted to find some information related to child custody. I am the step-parent to the non-custodial father of two. The custodial mother just moved...again...further from us making it difficult to pick the children up in a timely manner and increasing the cost for further travel. Can we insist that she help up pay for the increased amount above what we would normally pay...example we paid a half tank of gas to get them before on Friday and again on Sunday to drop them back off (she refuses to meet us half way to make things easier) and now we pay a full tank of gas both ways. She does not ask or try to come to pre-arranged agreements with the non-custodial father before taking any actions, she informs him afterwards and he just has to deal with whatever she decides to do or he get threats involving his right to see the kids. His son is also 13 and has been wanting to live with his father (has a horribly bad relationship with his step-father of 10 years) and his mother keeps promising him he can each summer and the next school year and then backs out last minute causing his son heartache and disappointment. What can we do about this? Is our only option to take her back to court so and will his son have a say in the matter?

Thank you for any information you may have to offer, I really appreciate it. If you have any websites you can direct me to concerning child custody/divorce laws in the state of Florida that would be helpful.

Melissa

Just Blue

Please read the sticky at the top of the custody forum. After reading please come back and edit your post accordingly.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tampa, Florida

I wanted to find some information related to child custody. I am the step-parent to the non-custodial father of two. The custodial mother just moved...again...further from us making it difficult to pick the children up in a timely manner and increasing the cost for further travel. Can we insist that she help up pay for the increased amount above what we would normally pay...example we paid a half tank of gas to get them before on Friday and again on Sunday to drop them back off (she refuses to meet us half way to make things easier) and now we pay a full tank of gas both ways. She does not ask or try to come to pre-arranged agreements with the non-custodial father before taking any actions, she informs him afterwards and he just has to deal with whatever she decides to do or he get threats involving his right to see the kids. His son is also 13 and has been wanting to live with his father (has a horribly bad relationship with his step-father of 10 years) and his mother keeps promising him he can each summer and the next school year and then backs out last minute causing his son heartache and disappointment. What can we do about this? Is our only option to take her back to court so and will his son have a say in the matter?

Thank you for any information you may have to offer, I really appreciate it. If you have any websites you can direct me to concerning child custody/divorce laws in the state of Florida that would be helpful.

Melissa
You can find all of the custody, family laws in chapter 61 of the Florida Statutes Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : flsenate.gov.

The Rules of Civil Procedure at FLORIDA RULES OF CIVIL PROCEDURE

The Florida Family Law Rules at Florida Family Law Rules

Doing research for your husband is fine, but you should have your husband read them also since he will be the one who has to know them in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">