• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost job and cannot pay child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dan2005

What is the name of your state? MD

I lost my job and cannot pay my child support. If I cannot find a new job, waht shold I do? how do I handle the custody issue? Thanks in adavance.

nextwife

rmet4nzkx said:
What would you do if you were still together with the mother and child and lost your job?
Hmmm. When one of us lost our job for a few months, we stopped all discretionary spending and were very cautious about what we spent, and lived off the income of only ONE of the parents of my daughter. I don't think that strategy will cut it legally, though.

Poster you need to file immediately for a modification and look like crazy for a new job.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

nextwife said:
Hmmm. When one of us lost our job for a few months, we stopped all discretionary spending and were very cautious about what we spent, and lived off the income of only ONE of the parents of my daughter. I don't think that strategy will cut it legally, though.

Poster you need to file immediately for a modification and look like crazy for a new job.
LOL! ;)
I was hoping OP would answer the question, but aparently over his head. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">