• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maternal Grandparents Get Custody Over Father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DIXIEBELOW

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I LIVE IN THE WONDERFUL MIXIED UP STATE OF TEXAS!
MY COMMON LAWHUSBAND HAS A 2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHOMWE WENT TO COURT AND THE JUDGE GAVE MOM LIMITED SUPERVISED VISITATION AND GAVECUSTODY TO THE MATERNAL GRANDPARENTS OVER THE FATHER. WE HAVE A LAWYER BUT BELIEVE HE ISN'T DOING HIS BEST TO REPRESENT US. WE ARE LIMITED ON OUR RESOURCES AT THIS TIME SO WE CAN'T FIRE OUR PRESENT LAWYER AND HIRE A NEW ONE. I HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT HE MAY BE ON DRUGS AND HIS PRACTICE IS FAILING MISERABLY. NO ONE WILL DISCUSSANYTHING WITH US BECAUSE WE HAVE A LAWYER ALREADY. THIS WHOLE CASE HAS BEEN A JOKE FROM THE START. IF ANYONE HAS ADVICE ON WHAT WE CAN DO LEGALLY PLEASE LET ME KNOW...............THANKS A BUNCH!

Shay-Pari'e

DIXIEBELOW said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? I LIVE IN THE WONDERFUL MIXIED UP STATE OF TEXAS!
MY COMMON LAWHUSBAND HAS A 2 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHOMWE WENT TO COURT AND THE JUDGE GAVE MOM LIMITED SUPERVISED VISITATION AND GAVECUSTODY TO THE MATERNAL GRANDPARENTS OVER THE FATHER. WE HAVE A LAWYER BUT BELIEVE HE ISN'T DOING HIS BEST TO REPRESENT US. WE ARE LIMITED ON OUR RESOURCES AT THIS TIME SO WE CAN'T FIRE OUR PRESENT LAWYER AND HIRE A NEW ONE. I HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT HE MAY BE ON DRUGS AND HIS PRACTICE IS FAILING MISERABLY. NO ONE WILL DISCUSSANYTHING WITH US BECAUSE WE HAVE A LAWYER ALREADY. THIS WHOLE CASE HAS BEEN A JOKE FROM THE START. IF ANYONE HAS ADVICE ON WHAT WE CAN DO LEGALLY PLEASE LET ME KNOW...............THANKS A BUNCH!
And you state you think your lawyer is on drugs?????

Custody was given to the grand parents for a reason.

trevino1967

concerned aunt

Goodness I feel for you, but there are options. Have you tried the attorney generals office or perhaps a pro bono lawyer, there are plenty of attorneys that do the work for no charge and these are good people. Go on the internet and see what you can find.

DIXIEBELOW

Texas..............We have been in court twice and all the mother and grandparents accusations were liesand it was proven in court they lied.The mother haslimitiedsupervised visitation(supposedly)she takes the child everywhere whenever she wants to. We can't seem to get back in court toseethe judge because our lawyer wants us to go for a jury trial which is 10 thousand dollars!!!!! I'm afraid for my step-daughter. Grandmother is bi-polar and grandpaw is on dialysis treatments. Bless her heart mom is an drug addict and has a drinking problem. I think she needs stable enviroments to grow mentally and physically. The change that has come over this child thelast 2 months is ........I can't think ofa word for it. Her whole attitiude has changed. (at 2 years of age.) She doesn't want anyone to touch her,she isn't talking as much, she isn't eating, I don't know what to think. I looked on the net for lawyers and there are none in this area. I am so upset for my beautiful little girl and no not what to do! Will someone please help so I can find out what is going on with my child?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Where's Dad? Why did the grandparents get custody instead of him? The judge apparently didn't agree that they were lying.

You also need to remember that she is NOT your child. No matter how much you may care for her.

DIXIEBELOW

Texas...............I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THECHILDIS NOT MINE. SOME PEOPLE AS SHORT MINDED AS YOU DO NOT REALIZESOME CHILDREN GROW UP WITHOUT ANY MOTHER OR FATHER FIGURES IN THEIR LIVES. I HAPPEN TO HAVE A DAUGHTER FROM A PREVIOUS MARRIAGE THAT IS 24 AND DO YOU KNOW WHOM SHE CALLS MOMMA? WHY ME OF COURSE. WHEN SHE WAS A LITTLE GIRL SHE TOLD ME " STEPS ARE FOR WALKING ON AND NOONE WAS WALKING ON HER!!!" NOW TAKE THAT IN COURT ROOM AND BLOW IT UP YOUR PIPE!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
DIXIEBELOW said:
Texas...............I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THECHILDIS NOT MINE. SOME PEOPLE AS SHORT MINDED AS YOU DO NOT REALIZESOME CHILDREN GROW UP WITHOUT ANY MOTHER OR FATHER FIGURES IN THEIR LIVES. I HAPPEN TO HAVE A DAUGHTER FROM A PREVIOUS MARRIAGE THAT IS 24 AND DO YOU KNOW WHOM SHE CALLS MOMMA? WHY ME OF COURSE. WHEN SHE WAS A LITTLE GIRL SHE TOLD ME " STEPS ARE FOR WALKING ON AND NOONE WAS WALKING ON HER!!!" NOW TAKE THAT IN COURT ROOM AND BLOW IT UP YOUR PIPE!
Fine. Guess you don't really want any help. I think I see why the child is with the grandparents.

DIXIEBELOW

stealth2 said:
Fine. Guess you don't really want any help. I think I see why the child is with the grandparents.
NO SIR I DON'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE SEEN THE WHOLE PICTURE. YES I GET MAD WHENSOMEONE BERATES A STEP PARENT, SOMETIMES IT'S THE ONLY PARENT A CHILD ACTUALLY KNOWS AND BONDS WITH. I ON THE OTHER HAND HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEGE OF BONDING WITH STEP-CHILDREN.(I HAVE TO HOLD MY BREATH EVERYTIME I WRITE STEP).THE PHRASE STEP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS MATTER. YOU AND I CAN STATE OUR VIEWS ON THIS TILL DOOM'S DAY AND NOT SEE EYE TO EYE. THE POINT IS MY HUSBANDS' LAWYER FOR STARTERS IS THAT WE HAVE BEEN TOLD BY SEVARAL PEOPLE WAS ON DRUGS. WE FEEL HE ISN'T DOING AN ADEQUATE JOB AND HE DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE WHAT IS IN THE BEST INTEREST OFTHE CHILD! THEN LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE CHILD HAS UNDERGONE A COMPLETE CHANGE IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS AND AS A CONCERNED ADULT IN THIS CHILD'S LIFE I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHATCOULD BE DONE TO HELP HER FIRST AND FOREMOST AND SECOND WHAT LEGAL RECOURSEDOES MY HUSBAND HAVE?

djohnson

Please stop typing in caps. It's in the rules here.

Second, it doesn't matter how much bonding a step has with a child, legally they have no say so what so ever and the sooner you realize that and speak in the correct ways, the sooner a judge will listen. I know not everyone understands the laws or agrees with them, but when you want it on your side, you can't be ignorant of them either. Next, I don't understand how this is your common law spouse and the child is 2 yrs old. This along with other things maybe why he was also deemed unfit.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Noone berated you. Now shut the freakin caps off, and start acting like the grown-up you claim to be.

DIXIEBELOW

I apolgize

I didn't realize they where on and I believe you need to calm down before you have a stroke. Life is short learn how to stop and smell the roses along the way sweetie. Are having a bad day? Something seems to have made you awfully grumpy today. Smile God loves you !

BelizeBreeze

IF ANYONE HAS ADVICE ON WHAT WE CAN DO LEGALLY
1. you have the right to file an appeal.
2. you have the right to fire your attorney.
3. you have the right to file for visitation.
4. you have no other rights.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
DIXIEBELOW said:
I didn't realize they where on and I believe you need to calm down before you have a stroke. Life is short learn how to stop and smell the roses along the way sweetie. Are having a bad day? Something seems to have made you awfully grumpy today. Smile God loves you !
Ya know, girl... the only thing that's made me grumpy is people like you who fly off the handle at the flip of a hat. Don't give us the "I didn't know the Caps were on" crap. You started with them on. Turned them off. Had them on in one PM. Off in the next. Then back on in a post. It's not that hard to see when you're typing, either.

So how about *you* calm it down and quit flying off the handle.

DIXIEBELOW

honestly!!

stealth2 said:
Ya know, girl... the only thing that's made me grumpy is people like you who fly off the handle at the flip of a hat. Don't give us the "I didn't know the Caps were on" crap. You started with them on. Turned them off. Had them on in one PM. Off in the next. Then back on in a post. It's not that hard to see when you're typing, either.

So how about *you* calm it down and quit flying off the handle.
I honestly did not know I fly away at the keys and have a 2 year old grandson hopping up and down in my lap. maybe I need to pay moreattention to what I'm typing !!! my mistake I have apolgized and corrected the problem. So whom is flying off the handle?

Shay-Pari'e

BelizeBreeze said:
1. you have the right to file an appeal.
2. you have the right to fire your attorney.
3. you have the right to file for visitation.
4. you have no other rights.

I don't think you will mind the correction on this BB.......He has these rights, she has none.

I know what you were saying though. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">