• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is mediation Mandatory in FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pbosgraaf

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I have cases all over here, My mom is trying to get custody of one of my children, I of course am fighting it and there s no agreement to come to, they wanted me to go to mediation, the mediator said I could refuse, now she has filed a motion to compel mediation and says that it is MANDATORY that all cases go to mediation and she also filed for me to pay for her time of having to go to court to compel the mediation, if it is MANDATORY why did the mediator not tell me that in the first place.

LdiJ

I have cases all over here, My mom is trying to get custody of one of my children, I of course am fighting it and there s no agreement to come to, they wanted me to go to mediation, the mediator said I could refuse, now she has filed a motion to compel mediation and says that it is MANDATORY that all cases go to mediation and she also filed for me to pay for her time of having to go to court to compel the mediation, if it is MANDATORY why did the mediator not tell me that in the first place.
If you are forced to go to mediation, then simply do not agree with anything she suggests.

pbosgraaf

What abnout the paying for her time and travel

If you are forced to go to mediation, then simply do not agree with anything she suggests.
I am more worried about her lawyer saying she is trying to get the judge to make me pay for her time and travel because she said mediation is mandatory, do I just file for indegincy status to get rid of that?

If I had money to pay for mediation I would have gotten a lwayer in the first place and that is the problem, I dont have any money for all that.

LdiJ

I am more worried about her lawyer saying she is trying to get the judge to make me pay for her time and travel because she said mediation is mandatory, do I just file for indegincy status to get rid of that?

If I had money to pay for mediation I would have gotten a lwayer in the first place and that is the problem, I dont have any money for all that.
If her lawyer makes a motion for that then argue against it.

Just Blue

This is the 5th thread on the same topic. Please keep this case to ONE thread. Thanks!! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">