• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mental anguish

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Amanda2219

i am from georgia and my husband owes child support from a previous marriage. that is fine, i have no problem with that. i want to know if child support enforcement has the right to tell him that he is not a real dad and that he does not care about his child because we can't always pay the amount they want? he has two other children by me and they said for him to drop everything and come up with twelve hundred dollars in less than a month. he is out of work due to an injury. the doctor gave him an excuse. does that mean he doesn't care about his other child?

D

DChristian

No, it does not mean he is a bad father. But CSE like to use whatever they can to collect. Although they should not be badgering and harrassing like the way they are, and maybe you can consult an attorney about that. But in the circumstances of money.support. He needs to figure that out. They can start to take out of his taxes, and suspend his DL. So he needs to act fast and set up payments.
Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">