• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mentally unstable father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krystalpromise

Idaho. My daughters father, my ex-husband, has a serious mental illness and is currently in the mental hopital being treated. He has fought with this disease for quite sometime and on numerous occasions has assured me that he is taking his medication and seeeing his therepist. He has continually stopped his medication and has been admitted for this twice and a close call once in my daughters 4 years of age? I can't risk her safety anymore? How can I get custody, and or visitation changed?

Gracie3787

Idaho. My daughters father, my ex-husband, has a serious mental illness and is currently in the mental hopital being treated. He has fought with this disease for quite sometime and on numerous occasions has assured me that he is taking his medication and seeeing his therepist. He has continually stopped his medication and has been admitted for this twice and a close call once in my daughters 4 years of age? I can't risk her safety anymore? How can I get custody, and or visitation changed?
Does he put your child in danger?

If he does, can you document this?

If you can, you can file for a modification and request supervised visits.

LdiJ

You really need to get a consult with a local attorney...and probably need to hire one.

BL

a close call once in my daughters 4 years of age?
Explain .

You have to understand that many medications can not be tolerated even for a day with their side effects .

On that note depending on the nature of the illness , there are newer medications out there with less side effects and have better relief for the sufferer . It may take time for adjustments or it may be necessary to seek another Dr.

You have generalized you explanation , and haven't explained what transpired .

Without more info. , you will only receive generalized advice .

I can't give any , because I don't know the factual details .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">