• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MI- custody when one parent moves away suddenly.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm confused as to how abandoning your child is better parenting than not abandoning them.

does the background change whether we are both still bound by our court order?
YOu never mentioned he was asking for anything out of the court order in the first post OTHER than you driving the child to airport if he pays for the ticket. Again, complete facts help. And he is NOT abandoning his daughter. So quit with the hyperbole. It makes you look like a fool.

Just Blue

I'm confused as to how abandoning your child is better parenting than not abandoning them.

does the background change whether we are both still bound by our court order?
OhioGal Is an attorney. Please read her postings and answer her questions. :cool:

anisaerah

YOu never mentioned he was asking for anything out of the court order in the first post OTHER than you driving the child to airport if he pays for the ticket. Again, complete facts help. And he is NOT abandoning his daughter. So quit with the hyperbole. It makes you look like a fool.
Yes, I did.

Our court order specifies that the recieving parent pick our daughter up.

He's not asking to fly her out for his alternate weekends, but for longer periods not in our court order.

I guess when my daughter is crying that her father abandoned her again, I will comfort her by telling her a lawyer on the internet said she wasn't abandoned.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes, I did.

He's not asking to fly her out for his alternate weekends, but for longer periods not in our court order.

I guess when my daughter is crying that her father abandoned her again, I will comfort her by telling her a lawyer on the internet said she wasn't abandoned.
Her father moved. He did NOT abandon her. He calls. He wants to fly her to him. So quit with the dramatics. If your daughter believes that is abandonment, she needs counseling (or a dictionary) and you need to quit engaging in hyperbole with her.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just Blue

Yes, I did.

Well if you did not want an Attorney on the net to give her legally based opinion you should hire a MI Attorney to give hers.

anisaerah

Her father moved. He did NOT abandon her. He calls. He wants to fly her to him. So quit with the dramatics and quit being a pathetic parent. If your daughter believes that is abandonment, she needs counseling (or a dictionary) and you need to quit engaging in hyperbole with her.
I guess I should make plans to move away from her, to be the fantastic parent you think he is.

anisaerah

Well if you did not want an Attorney on the net to give her legally based opinion you should hire a MI Attorney to give hers.
I don't understand.

Am I supposed to lie to her and tell her her father hasn't moved away?

I still haven't gotten an answer. All I wanted to know is if I can continue to follow our court order until there is a new one.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I guess I should make plans to move away from her, to be the fantastic parent you think he is.
Her father did NOT ABANDON HER. He moved. You refuse to see reality and instead have decided to engage in painting this in the most negative light to the child -- hence engaging in parental alienation. How about you be a responsible parent. Where did I say he was a "fantastic parent"? I didn't say that. You just decided because you don't like being told that moving is not abandonment.

anisaerah

So, I should continue to follow the court order we are both legally obligated to follow?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
So, I should continue to follow the court order we are both legally obligated to follow?
Until you decide to portray yourself as an adult and not a child, I highly doubt ANYONE is going to answer you. Of course there are those who like to prove me wrong. So I will let one of them play your games.

anisaerah

Her father did NOT ABANDON HER. He moved. You refuse to see reality and instead have decided to engage in painting this in the most negative light to the child -- hence engaging in parental alienation. How about you be a responsible parent. Where did I say he was a "fantastic parent"? I didn't say that. You just decided because you don't like being told that moving is not abandonment.
Being the sole support of my daughter isn't being a responsible parent?
I didn't tell her he abandoned her. I told her I was sorry he decided to move so far away.

You went as far as suggesting he should have custody, and not me. I'm not entirely sure why.

Just Blue

I don't understand.

Am I supposed to lie to her and tell her her father hasn't moved away?

I still haven't gotten an answer. All I wanted to know is if I can continue to follow our court order until there is a new one.
You can do all you can to make sure DAUGHTER had every chance to have a good relationship with her other parent.

anisaerah

You can do all you can to make sure DAUGHTER had every chance to have a good relationship with her other parent.
Unfortunately, I can't afford to move to OR.

Is sticking to what is court ordered or do most courts look favorably on people not complying with court orders?

Proserpina

Well, now that you've basically been hung, drawn and quartered, please allow me to actually answer the dratted question.

You are NOT required to do ANYTHING outside of your current order.

Even if.

No, I haven't read your post history.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well, now that you've basically been hung, drawn and quartered, please allow me to actually answer the dratted question.

You are NOT required to do ANYTHING outside of your current order.

Even if.

No, I haven't read your post history.
have you read her first post? She changed her story throughout this thread and has decided by dad moving he is abandoning the child. No one hung her, drew or quartered her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">