• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

military and custody move orders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ca_boy4life

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california, new york

my fiance and i are getting married soon and i am in the military she has a son and she want to move with me in june when i pcs to new york she doesnt have a custody agreement with the man what are our options i dont think we should just leave becuz i think it would be kidnapping is this true? and what is the average cost of legal fees in the LA areaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california, new york

my fiance and i are getting married soon and i am in the military she has a son and she want to move with me in june when i pcs to new york she doesnt have a custody agreement with the man what are our options i dont think we should just leave becuz i think it would be kidnapping is this true? and what is the average cost of legal fees in the LA areaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Where is the child's father exactly?

Has paternity been legally established?

Were they married?

(it makes a difference)

ecmst12

Even if it wouldn't be kidnapping, it would be morally wrong to take the kids away from their father without an agreement with him. You should encourage her to take the proper steps.

ca_boy4life

custody and military

he is in california and he has not gotten a paternity test and they were never married
he has a history of abuse and police reports

Last edited:

Proserpina

he is in california and he has not gotten a paternity test and they were never married
he has a history of abuse and i dont think she ever reported him though
Is Dad even aware of the child's existence? Has there been much contact?

It may be a moot point - at the moment Mom is the legal custodian and is free to move wherever she wants to go. Dad is equally free, however, to march down to court and file to establish paternity and custody, and request his child be returned to the home state.

Mom needs to speak with an attorney.

ca_boy4life

military and custody

he does know but they supposedly want to settle out of court is there a way for that to happen too? he sees the child 2 a ,month if that

Last edited:

Proserpina

he does know but they supposedly want to settle out of court is there a way for that to happen too? he sees the child 2 a ,month if that

(Please, have her come and register herself and ask her questions. You're not a party to this and it can become VERY difficult advising a third party)

Proserpina

A court order protects ALL three people - both parents and the child. Honestly, she NEEDS to get a court order addressing custody, visitation and child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">