• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missing school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shellbert

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

A friend's son is 7 in the second grade, lives with his mother and despite living a couple of blocks from the school, has missed 14 days of school and has had 4 tardies this last year - out of a total of 46 school days. That is almost 30% of school that he is missing. Does his father have any ability to get custody based on the fact that his mom is not getting him to school?

Banned_Princess

A friend's son is 7 in the second grade, lives with his mother and despite living a couple of blocks from the school, has missed 14 days of school and has had 4 tardies this last year - out of a total of 46 school days. That is almost 30% of school that he is missing. Does his father have any ability to get custody based on the fact that his mom is not getting him to school?
How is it you know this about the child?

We cant talk to you about this, how do you even know what you are saying is true.

Just Blue

Have your friend sign up here and ask if HE is concerned.

shellbert

His father showed me his report card with the absenses listed on it and told me he was concerned that he may be held back in school this year.

Just Blue

His father showed me his report card with the absenses listed on it and told me he was concerned that he may be held back in school this year.
Again...Have the PARENT sign up here, under his own user name. We will gladly help him with HIS legal issue. Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Good, then I am SURE that his concern will lead him to take steps to assure that his son attends school appropriately. You needn't concern yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">