• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing School Days

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Antigone*

As a single father, I really have a short thing to say to you. Try harder dum dum. Your a great father only ONE DAY A WEEK! Try parenting full-time by yourself, and you may find yourself all of sudden running late everywhere you go. And that oh my, you might actually have your daughter miss school.

Please don't take this as defending your ex, but a dose of reality, I don't know her or would care to as my ex is useless.

Keep in mind that eight days in two months, the common flu last 3 to 5 days, so I would like to think it be uncommon. The main question I have for you if you ever read this: Are those 12.5 absences excused or unexcused?
Extreme amounts of absenteeism do have to be taken care of.

But rather than sit hear and listen to you whine like a little girl about...why don't you step up to the plate and offer a helping hand? She is YOUR daughter, both of yours and it is BOTH of your responsibilities to ensure she makes it to where she needs to be. Whatever you do DO NOT pat yourself on the back because YOU manage to get your daughter to school only ONE day a week, yeah thats good blah, step up and be a REAL DAD!
You tellem Arrow...dang you did good for your first thread. Absodanglutely well done:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dude...couldn't you find a more recent thread to put your two cents into!!!

We call what you've done necroposting and not good decorum in our forum.

chedrick

School days

Can I ask how I would find out what the alloted missed school days are for my school district? I live in Dayton, Ohio. Here in our courts missing school is a BIG thing! I presently have temp.custody of 2 granddaughters due to attendance ,However they were placed in Foster Care first & it took me 7 months of fighting to get them with me & my daughter is being watched like a hawk with her other 2 & there attendance due to this. She's afraid to let them miss even due to illness because they are so VERY STRICK here! Even with a doctors note they have to excuse the absence but BELIEVE ME the Courts (here) do NOT look at it that way. They look at total days missed period! They ride the bus & my daughter don't drive so if for any reason they miss the bus she is doomed! HOWEVER I would like to make a comment to you & that is IF U truely don't want custody or dont want to be considered for it You better THINK FIRST before calling Children Services or your daughter could end up in Foster care. Is it All really worth that? That is hurting her & she is the CHILD & can't control whats going on. At least you are concerned for her. Maybe grades dropped due to your seperation & she has alot on her mind. Maybe she is being Blammed by MOM & this is mental abuse to a child. Maybe she gets yelled at everyday before school so when she gets there its hard for her to concentrate on her work? That is something you are going to have to talk to your daughter about. Hope all works out for you & your daughter.

Just Blue

Can I ask how I would find out what the alloted missed school days are for my school district? I live in Dayton, Ohio. Here in our courts missing school is a BIG thing! I presently have temp.custody of 2 granddaughters due to attendance ,However they were placed in Foster Care first & it took me 7 months of fighting to get them with me & my daughter is being watched like a hawk with her other 2 & there attendance due to this. She's afraid to let them miss even due to illness because they are so VERY STRICK here! Even with a doctors note they have to excuse the absence but BELIEVE ME the Courts (here) do NOT look at it that way. They look at total days missed period! They ride the bus & my daughter don't drive so if for any reason they miss the bus she is doomed! HOWEVER I would like to make a comment to you & that is IF U truely don't want custody or dont want to be considered for it You better THINK FIRST before calling Children Services or your daughter could end up in Foster care. Is it All really worth that? That is hurting her & she is the CHILD & can't control whats going on. At least you are concerned for her. Maybe grades dropped due to your seperation & she has alot on her mind. Maybe she is being Blammed by MOM & this is mental abuse to a child. Maybe she gets yelled at everyday before school so when she gets there its hard for her to concentrate on her work? That is something you are going to have to talk to your daughter about. Hope all works out for you & your daughter.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/temp-custody-granddaughters-help-404181.html#post1895330

This (above link) is YOUR THREAD. Post your questions there. Do NOT hijack a dead thread with your questions. Do NOT start new threads. Do NOT attempt to advise other members as you are legally ignorant and your "advice" is legally irrelevant and factually wrong.

Stick to your own thread and your own situation.

zonzeksmom

My brother is currently going through a situation just like this. His daughter is only 5 years old and the truancy officers are trying to get in contact with her mother which has failed on all levels. The mother thinks that it is funny. He is very worried because she is going to have to repeat Kindergarten because of it. What should he do? The school does not have him listed as a parent on her records which I have contacted the school board and found out exactly how to get him access to her records which he is doing after he gets off work.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My brother is currently going through a situation just like this. His daughter is only 5 years old and the truancy officers are trying to get in contact with her mother which has failed on all levels. The mother thinks that it is funny. He is very worried because she is going to have to repeat Kindergarten because of it. What should he do? The school does not have him listed as a parent on her records which I have contacted the school board and found out exactly how to get him access to her records which he is doing after he gets off work.
This thread is over 2 years old. Please don't necropost. Please DO start your own thread.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
#1. Do not hijack threads - start your own.

#2. Do not necropost. This thread is over two years old.

I see that I definitly need to find another forum. From all of your answers it sounds to me like you are all biased against fathers that are non custodial.
Sorry, cahnch... I have to call BS on this comment.

I am a NC father and have received an enormous amount of valuable advice from the members of this forum. Just because you don't like what they are saying, doesn't mean they are wrong. That is something I learned real quick here.

You are not the first person who has had this problem, and you won't be the last. If you listen to what the senior members are saying without being so defensive you really can learn a lot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">