• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missouri

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Allison Radford

I am currently a single mom of two. both children have different fathers. the father of the youngest child which is 16 months has givin me custody papers. i have currently been employed for the same company for three years and have been offered a promotion. although it is only and hour and forty minutes away, it is in a different state. he proceeded to have his lawyer send me a letter saying that i am prohibited to move until the hearing. can they do that? even if they could what is the law about me moving out of state anyway? dont i have the right? well i cant afford to get a lawyer so what are my odds of getting anything i want out of this case anyway?

Last edited:

CJane

How involved is Dad NOW?

What state will you be moving to?

Are there CURRENT custody orders for either child?

Proserpina

I am currently a single mom of two. both children have different fathers. the father of the youngest child which is 16 months has givin me custody papers. i have currently been employed for the same company for three years and have been offered a promotion. although it is only and hour and forty minutes away, it is in a different state. he proceeded to have his lawyer send me a letter saying that i am prohibited to move until the hearing. can they do that? even if they could what is the law about me moving out of state anyway? dont i have the right? well i cant afford to get a lawyer so what are my odds of getting anything i want out of this case anyway?
You absolutely have the right to move, and live, wherever you want. The question you need to be asking is do you have the right to take the child with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">