• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missouri move out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gr8googlie

What is the name of your state?Missouri

How does Missouri (St. Louis County specifically) treat out of state moves? I am the CP of my 6 year old. I currently have a job but am looking at other options and considering looking out of state. I am middle management of a large corporation and frankly at this point in time the options in St. Louis are limited. My reason for looking is instability in the company I work for.

The other parent and I do not get along at all. She takes every opportunity to make me mad and to make co-parenting as difficult as possible. I can only assume she would object vehemently to an out-of-state move.

Obviously we would have to adjust the visitation schedule and that would not be easy. Under what circumstances is a judge likely to allow the move and when will a judge likely NOT allow an out of state move?

Thanks!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
When you can definitively prove to a judge that moving will benefit the child more than being removed from the other parent, then you're likely to be granted consent to move. You are, of course, always free to move. Just not necessarily with the kid. Should you be allowed to do so, expect to be 100% responsible for transportation, and depending on the distance of the move, to lose the majority of summer time with your child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">