• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A mixed question of child support and child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pgroxy12

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My ex wife has full custody of our 8 year old son. I pay $146 a week for my 2 kids (to 2 different mothers). 2 Weeks ago my ex wife called me and said that she can not afford to support her and our child anymore. Oh and to make this whole scenrio sound anymore crazy...my ex wife is a stripper at a gentlemens club in Richmond and receives food stamps claiming she doesn't make enough money. So, she took him out of Richmond schools and sent our son to live with me and I enrolled him in Prince George Elementary School. So that is proof that he now lives with me. It doesn't bother me that she is still receiving food stamps all the while she is claiming to the state that she is reporting that she supports our son still. What bothers me is all I have asked her to pay is the day care that watches him till I get off work. It's $75 a week, which is about what comes straight out of my paycheck a week and given to her. She is 2 weeks behind and now I have to pay it just so he can stay in daycare. I want to try and get partial or full custody of my son now that he lives with me. Also, since she is not keeping her part of the bargain that we had made I want to stop the child support payments from coming out of my check. Someone told me about an emergency abandonment order I could file because she is technically not taking care of our son.
She is a stripper and I know she makes over $1000 a week. Although she has always had full custody of him I have always gotten him every weekend and still paid her full child support. I feel like she has cheated me and the system for to long. Expecially since our son lives with me now. What should I do?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

My ex wife has full custody of our 8 year old son. I pay $146 a week for my 2 kids (to 2 different mothers). 2 Weeks ago my ex wife called me and said that she can not afford to support her and our child anymore. Oh and to make this whole scenrio sound anymore crazy...my ex wife is a stripper at a gentlemens club in Richmond and receives food stamps claiming she doesn't make enough money. So, she took him out of Richmond schools and sent our son to live with me and I enrolled him in XXXXX. So that is proof that he now lives with me. It doesn't bother me that she is still receiving food stamps all the while she is claiming to the state that she is reporting that she supports our son still. What bothers me is all I have asked her to pay is the day care that watches him till I get off work. It's $75 a week, which is about what comes straight out of my paycheck a week and given to her. She is 2 weeks behind and now I have to pay it just so he can stay in daycare. I want to try and get partial or full custody of my son now that he lives with me. Also, since she is not keeping her part of the bargain that we had made I want to stop the child support payments from coming out of my check. Someone told me about an emergency abandonment order I could file because she is technically not taking care of our son.
She is a stripper and I know she makes over $1000 a week. Although she has always had full custody of him I have always gotten him every weekend and still paid her full child support. I feel like she has cheated me and the system for to long. Expecially since our son lives with me now. What should I do?

it's been two weeks.

it's not abandonment. she left her child with dad. YOU. now if she left the child with a neighbor, okay, that might have a case if it's proven she wasn't just using the neighbor as a babysitter for an extended vacation.

pgroxy12

in response..

Ok...well thank you very much for your response. But the child abondonment order was just something that a friend thought I should ask about. Is there anything else I could do?

Isis1

you can file for a modification of custody but my personal veiw is that it's too soon to be status quo. mom could simply come back, take the child back since she has custody until the hearing. if the change of custody is granted, then you should request a reversal of child support.

i don't see a reason for an emergency hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">