• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MN-Change of Custody Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

faithill27

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

My ex and I have been divorced for approximately ten years. We have a 12 year old daughter together. We have joint legal and physical custody, he is the primary caretaker (after 2 years of divorce fighting I gave into it). My daughter goes back and forth every other day and every other weekend. This was changed about 3 years ago when we decided it would be best to have her one week at each home. One year ago he got mad at me and went back to the divorce decree.

Last night after a heated discussion regarding my letting her use AOL instant messaging with her friends at my home, he said if he hears any more that I am allowing her to do this, he will take me back to court and get full custody.

What would it take in the State of Minnesota for a change of custody? (more then AOL usage, I assume).
Any input would be appreciated.
Thank you.

ktarra617

most states are the same in that it takes more than just letting your daughter use the instant messenger to change custody. I would suggest you start documenting everything that happens.

Keep meticulous notes. He may be setting himself to try something.

Sounds like he has a control problem.

It would take a change in circumstances, abuse or something else affecting the health and welfare of your daughter and aol use does not qualify.

good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">