• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MN rights of step-father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dtrafford

I was wondering if there was any possibility to try to get custody of my step-daughter in my divorce from my wife. She is 15 years old. We have been married for 6 years and lived together for 7 years total. I have been the working adult for 90% of our marriage and, when my wife was working, she was making about 15% of what I make. My step-daughter wants to live with me over her mom. Is there any possibility of this happening?

Thanks,

David

Just Blue

dtrafford said:
I was wondering if there was any possibility to try to get custody of my step-daughter in my divorce from my wife. She is 15 years old. We have been married for 6 years and lived together for 7 years total. I have been the working adult for 90% of our marriage and, when my wife was working, she was making about 15% of what I make. My step-daughter wants to live with me over her mom. Is there any possibility of this happening?

Thanks,

David
Doubtful....sorry:(

dtrafford

Thanks

Thanks for your input. Is there any way that my daughter could petition or anything at all?

Thanks again for replying.

David

Just Blue

dtrafford said:
Thanks for your input. Is there any way that my daughter could petition or anything at all?

Thanks again for replying.

David

I don't think so...but wait around and perhaps someone with more knowledge will advise...:)

Neal1421

dtrafford said:

Thanks,

David
Sorry, you have no rights to the child unless you adopted her during the marriage.

casa

dtrafford said:

Thanks,

David
Did you legally adopt her? Is the mother willing to allow her to live with you? Where is the bio. father?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">