• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of Visitation means automatic modification of child support doesn't it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

moving13346

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi,

As you can see, I intend to leave Florida for a job in Virginia in an effort to continue child support payments.

If I decide to request a modification for visitiation I will have to fill out a financial affidavit indicating my new income at my new job.

Is this correct?

Just trying to prepare myself, thanks.

M

moving13346

not really, but that won't be long at all....hmmm maybe I should file my petition soon

momofrose

Yes..whenever you file for modification of coparenting time, you have to fill out a CIS (Case information statement) denoting your income.

Good Luck

casa

moving13346 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi,

As you can see, I intend to leave Florida for a job in Virginia in an effort to continue child support payments.

If I decide to request a modification for visitiation I will have to fill out a financial affidavit indicating my new income at my new job.

Is this correct?

Just trying to prepare myself, thanks.
Not always- No. Tell us what the current visitation schedule is and what the visitation schedule will become once you move.

Modification of child support should be filed if your income is decreasing or increasing substantially~ Then it is up to a judge to decide what is the correct % you are responsible for. Exceptions to this are if you are purposely (or the court believes you are purposely) reducing your income to avoid support.

Other modifications of % are when your child-sharing time is substantially changed. ie; you are spending much more or much less time with the child...and even then it doesn't always warrant a change in support %/amount.

You need to be MORE SPECIFIC in your questions- Or you won't get accurate answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">