• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

modify support... retrial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Daneseaj

I recently went to court to modify the child support that I pay. I was originally ordered to pay $750 a month for two children. My income dropped from 35,000 annually to about 20,000. I also have my girls approx. 47% of the time. The judge kept the support the same due to child care and insurance (both of which, I found out today, that my ex. lied about the amount to the judge). Should I re-file or what else can I do? I don't think I can appeal since I filed to modify, or can I? The judge seemed to have made up his mind based on the guidelines only and not the facts in the case and seemed angry I was even there. I don't want to make him (the judge) more angry and possibly raise my support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">