• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom wants to see daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hscog

What is the name of your state?Texas
Have not seen daughter in 8 yrs (she now resides in Florida). He has move several times to ensure that I do not see her. He has made it very apparent that if I were to try to see her he would run again. He wants me to let new step-mom to adopt 12 yr old daughter. What do I do... I pay child support but am behind. I have visited and stayed in contact as much as possible but when phone is hung up on me or completely changed it has been difficult. He has hidden from me and my family. He is very brazen in his actions and words. Do not have much money for lawyer. I have visitation ..just want to see my daughter.
Help please :confused:

Last edited:

BL

What do your visitation Orders State ?
What have you done in the Last 8 yrs . to assert and demand your rights ?

casa

Hscog said:
What is the name of your state?Texas
Have not seen daughter in 8 yrs (she now resides in Florida). He has move several times to ensure that I do not see her. He has made it very apparent that if I were to try to see her he would run again. He wants me to let new step-mom to adopt 12 yr old daughter. What do I do... I pay child support but am behind. I have visited and stayed in contact as much as possible but when phone is hung up on me or completely changed it has been difficult. He has hidden from me and my family. He is very brazen in his actions and words. Do not have much money for lawyer. I have visitation ..just want to see my daughter.
Help please :confused:
Follow the court ordered visitation schedule- If he denies you visitation or flees with the child, make a police report documenting it and then file in court for contempt. If he continues after you file for contempt, then he will eventually risk fines, and even loss of custody. It may take a while, but the process will encourage him to allow the court ordered visitation schedule.

Everytime you are denied visitation file a police report.

Contact your court clerk's office and request the appropriate documents if/when you file contempt. You do not need a lawyer for that. It's always nice to have one, but you can also do it on your own.

Hscog

Blonde Lebinese said:
What have you done in the Last 8 yrs . to assert and demand your rights ?

I have hunted him down contacted and contacted him and new wife. He would then within a couple of days change phone # or proceed to move away from location. Unfortunately I there was only one time that I arranged for airfare to his location and unable to locate him.

Hscog

Hscog

Blonde Lebinese said:

Joint Custody ? A Visitation schedual ?
we have a joint custody agreement from our divorce that states that i have every other weekend, holiday and six weeks throughout summer break.

Hscog

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">