• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom won't let me see or talk to our daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ex, in our divorce proceeding tried just this. She tried to introduce emails that we not created by, nor sent by me. I explained to the Judge that while we did share emails, there was no way what she was trying to use against me was authored by me.

I explained to the Judge that I too could sit right there at his computer and create anything he wanted to see. I could create the headers without the I.P. address. The I.P. address is the most important part of the email, because once it is shown to be the account of the person believed to have created the emails, then it is irrefutable as to who the owner is of them.

If you have had emails entered without the I.P. address, then you have been before a fool for a Judge.

Object to the emails unless they have the I.P. address on them to PROVE they came from your account. The same account that shows the I.P. address of all of the other emails you have shared with her. Just throwing a random number on there isn't gong to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Ya know.... Every time I've been in court wrt our divorce, my ex has brought in emails and internet postings as evidence. COULD I have objected to them based on the lack of IP addy's? Sure. But ya know... I wrote them. I knew I wrote them. To say otherwise would have been... wrong. The only objections I made was to the way they were presented out of context - and I backed those objections up by providing the context of the emails/posting. I faired rather well in court.

For OldandTiresome (I like this better than OldandBoring at the moment) to propose such ... unethical behavior, is really rather quite amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">