• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moms boyfriend accused of sexual abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moodymama

What is the name of your state? PA
OK I have been on the phone all day today & have gotten no where :-( this week is court week for most lawyers in the area so now we are waiting for return phone calls. I will try to make this short as possible with all the info.
My boyfriends daughter is here for the summer for visitation she is 5. both parents have joint legal custody with the mom having physical custody & the father having visitation. this order was done in GA. the mom has moved to IN on June 23rd the child was with us then. we got a phone call from the sherriffs department in GA this morning saying that the mothers boyfriend is being accused of sexual abuse of 2 girls that have come forward with these alligations.
She told my b/f that he needs to file for emergency temporary custody of his child because the child can not be in the same house as that her mother lives in with the boyfriend. the mother has refused to move & says he is innocent & that they cant tell her where her child can live . uughhhh
So my question is do we file for this in PA , GA or NY ?? I been reading online all day & found some info that says in emergencies we can file in the state the child is actually in now. is this true ? any advice would be greatly appreciated !
oh & we do have an appt for the child to be see by our DR. as the sherriff said she needs to be examined to since the child has lived with this man for at least 2 years. I pray to god he has not touched her :-(

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
My best guess would either be GA or the state Dad resides in for an emergency order. But I would call an attorney in each of those and ask - ASAP.

T

titansfan

good luck to you both

oh yes they can tell her where the child can live-she can have the child taken away from her if she contines to allow the bf to stay with them. i hope everything works out for you and your fiance1

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">