• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother and Child moved out of state without Father knowing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oceanlover1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
MA

I am not sure if this is the correct Forum, but we are in desperate need of help!!

My boyfriend and I live in Massachusetts and we recently found out that the mother of his 2 year old daughter up and moved to Florida with out him knowing. He pays child support weekly and provides health insurance for his daughter. He does not have visitation per the mother NOT THE COURTS. What rights does he have?? Does this fall under kidnapping??

We need help!!

Thank you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
No, it does not fall under kidnapping. Nor do "we" need help. HE may need help, but you do not. Not with someone else's legal issues.

Please have Dad register and post himself. He will know the answers to the questions we'll have. And at the end of the day? This is HIS issue to deal with. If he can't do it without you? He's not that bothered.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Well if there are no court orders for visitation then mom did not have to give notice and could move. If dad had cared he would have gotten court ordered visitation so he had enforceable rights. Apparently he does not.

CSO286

Wow, you people are Lawyers??

Why did I even bother with this site....
Feel free to ask for a refund on your way out.

However, unless there is a court order for visitation and it also requires Mom to notify Dad when she moves, then she's not violating any law.

Dad of course has the right to pursue visitaiton and if he would like access to his child, then he would need to take the steps necessary to gain it.

dannyt

not your problem

Wow, you people are Lawyers??

Why did I even bother with this site....
i dont know either. this legally doesnt concern you this is between dad and mom, not dad mom and dads current bedwarmer.let them deal with issues concerning THIER child and stay out of it before it causes dad problems

gr8rn

i dont know either. this legally doesnt concern you this is between dad and mom, not dad mom and dads current bedwarmer.let them deal with issues concerning THIER child and stay out of it before it causes dad problems
Why aren't you in school?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">