+ Reply to Thread
    hotrodder08 is offline Junior Member

mother of daughter taking me to child support court and i give her 100.00 a week

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania,should i file for partial custody, because my daughter's mother is taking me to child support court, because i can no longer afford to pay 150.00 dollars a week any more, but i still continued to give her 100.00 dollars a week, and i get my daughter every week, never miss a week, i keep my daughter every weekend, but she is taking me to court, i thought court was for deadbeat fathers, not fathers that take care of there responsibility!
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder08 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania,should i file for partial custody, because my daughter's mother is taking me to child support court, because i can no longer afford to pay 150.00 dollars a week any more, but i still continued to give her 100.00 dollars a week, and i get my daughter every week, never miss a week, i keep my daughter every weekend, but she is taking me to court, i thought court was for deadbeat fathers, not fathers that take care of there responsibility!
    No you should not file for partial custody. That is the worst reason in the world to file for custody. If you don't have a court order for child support you don't owe anything. Also, if you don't have a court order for visitation, you want to establish that. But you don't file for custody just because she files for child support.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    hotrodder08 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    No you should not file for partial custody. That is the worst reason in the world to file for custody. If you don't have a court order for child support you don't owe anything. Also, if you don't have a court order for visitation, you want to establish that. But you don't file for custody just because she files for child support.
    Thanks for your advice, i really don't want to do anything out of anger, that's why i ask for help, i just never wanted to be in the court system, knowing that i take care of my daughter!!
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your advice, i really don't want to do anything out of anger, that's why i ask for help, i just never wanted to be in the court system, knowing that i take care of my daughter!!
    The court system protects everyone. You want a visitation order if you don't have one. You can ask for joint legal custody (decision-making) and that your pattern of visits that you have been getting continues.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    momofrose is offline Senior Member
    I applaud you!

Was paternity established?

Since there is no court order, what you are giving mom is "a gift". It will help your case a great deal if you have records indicating that you indeed have been supporting this child even though not court ordered.

Did I read your post right that you have your daughter every other week and every weekend? If that is true - keep schedule as is and file to have this schedule in a court order - this makes you the primary care giver. Who knows - maybe she will be the one paying child support.