• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother of daughter taking me to child support court and i give her 100.00 a week

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hotrodder08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania,should i file for partial custody, because my daughter's mother is taking me to child support court, because i can no longer afford to pay 150.00 dollars a week any more, but i still continued to give her 100.00 dollars a week, and i get my daughter every week, never miss a week, i keep my daughter every weekend, but she is taking me to court, i thought court was for deadbeat fathers, not fathers that take care of there responsibility!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania,should i file for partial custody, because my daughter's mother is taking me to child support court, because i can no longer afford to pay 150.00 dollars a week any more, but i still continued to give her 100.00 dollars a week, and i get my daughter every week, never miss a week, i keep my daughter every weekend, but she is taking me to court, i thought court was for deadbeat fathers, not fathers that take care of there responsibility!
No you should not file for partial custody. That is the worst reason in the world to file for custody. If you don't have a court order for child support you don't owe anything. Also, if you don't have a court order for visitation, you want to establish that. But you don't file for custody just because she files for child support.

hotrodder08

No you should not file for partial custody. That is the worst reason in the world to file for custody. If you don't have a court order for child support you don't owe anything. Also, if you don't have a court order for visitation, you want to establish that. But you don't file for custody just because she files for child support.
Thanks for your advice, i really don't want to do anything out of anger, that's why i ask for help, i just never wanted to be in the court system, knowing that i take care of my daughter!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thanks for your advice, i really don't want to do anything out of anger, that's why i ask for help, i just never wanted to be in the court system, knowing that i take care of my daughter!!
The court system protects everyone. You want a visitation order if you don't have one. You can ask for joint legal custody (decision-making) and that your pattern of visits that you have been getting continues.

momofrose

I applaud you! :)

Was paternity established?

Since there is no court order, what you are giving mom is "a gift". It will help your case a great deal if you have records indicating that you indeed have been supporting this child even though not court ordered.

Did I read your post right that you have your daughter every other week and every weekend? If that is true - keep schedule as is and file to have this schedule in a court order - this makes you the primary care giver. Who knows - maybe she will be the one paying child support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">