• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother deceased

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

djtina

state of residence-Maryland, My two children have lived with me and my wife since February 1999 when their biological mother decided she no longer wished to have them live with her. We had an attorney draw up custody papers which also included having the childrens last names leagally changed because their birth certificates have her last name and not mine. Those documents have been signed and notorized in February 2000, but before we had them filed with the courts, the childrens biological mother became ill and is now deceased due to colon cancer. Also, the attorney we had draw up these papers retired in the Spring of 2000. My problem is that my name is not on the birth certificate**Can I get my name put on the birth certificates, and how? (this would make school/etc. registrations much easier) Also, I still want them to legally have my last name. What is the best way to do this?

Please Help!!!!

Thank you,
Delbert Parsons

M

meleahk1

if the papers had already been filled out and notarized, then you may just need to simply file them. call the court house to find out.

sorry about the childrens mother. sounds like she knew she was really sick and wanted to do this as well. make that call to the court house. you may need to ask an attorney.

good luck

[Edited by meleahk1 on 07-25-2001 at 11:09 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">