• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother died ?? father looking for child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

This seems as if it will be complicated. We went to ny and we called the grandparents to ask to see the child. They said no. We were so far able to find out that the mother did indeed divorce the father and had a order of protection with her and the childs name on it. My son did not know about the divorce. It bacame final while she was in hospice.
Any ways we have filed a removal for order of protection and custody in the proper county in NY state. So now we wait for court. In the meantime the court did appoint a legal guardian of the baby thru the court system. Now we wait and see i guess

Does he have an attorney? He NEEDS one.

Has dad moved? Did mom 's divorce file have evidence of proper service?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
A divorce was obtained in two months? That is not even long enough for proper service to have taken place and the court to go through proper channels. There is no such thing as an ex parte divorce.
And that two month period of time is based on the fact that the son has been in SC only two months due to "SPOUSE" problems.

sjpowerss

we just hired an attorney so things can go thru proper channels. We will hopefully get to the bottom of things. Thanks for all who replied to my posts. I appricate everyones input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">