• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother does not show up for court ordered Visitation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hartterc

(I Live in California)

My daughters Mother did not show up to drop our daughter off at our meeting place that is Court Ordered. No Phone call, No return call until the following day.

How many days do I have to file "Contempt of Court" against her? Ive been to nice and now I'm done dealing with her nonsense.:mad:

Proserpina

(I Live in California)

My daughters Mother did not show up to drop our daughter off at our meeting place that is Court Ordered. No Phone call, No return call until the following day.

How many days do I have to file "Contempt of Court" against her? Ive been to nice and now I'm done dealing with her nonsense.:mad:

Did you ask Mom what was going on?

Isis1

and when mom did not show, did you go to HER home to pick up the child?

is there a restraining order somewhere in the mix?

frylover

So you're back?

In April, you made a dramatic exit, declaring you wanted the moderater to remove you from this forum, and you had a lawyer now and didn't need any help from anyone here, and GOODBYE!

hartterc

I have Temp custody of our daughter until August. She has supervised visitations. I allowed her to have her over night, because I'm a nice guy and she didn't show up at our meeting place the following day. I called her but she never returned my call, plus I sat at our meeting place for a hour and a half with my Parents because we had plans that day. She gets to see our daughter at different times during the week which is court ordered.

(No Restraining Order)

The answer I'm seeking is how many days or weeks do I have to file a report? Is there any set time frame to report?

She gave me No answer to why she didn't show up.

Last edited:

Proserpina

So you're back?

In April, you made a dramatic exit, declaring you wanted the moderater to remove you from this forum, and you had a lawyer now and didn't need any help from anyone here, and GOODBYE!

Guess the attorney ain't up to much, huh? ;) :D

Srsly.

I didn't bother to read the post hx. I really gotta stop NOT doing that! :eek:

CJane

Is the child back in your possession?

If so, I'd let it go. It's not like you want to admit to the court that you asked for supervised visits to Mom so you could turn around and ignore the order YOU requested.

hartterc

Ok..Thank you for your answer. I already spoke with Mediation and they said I can give her extra time if I want. I just have to document what I do. She signed a paper saying she would have her over night and shall return our daughter at the specific time and place.I have not told them about the incident yet. Still I'm looking for my answer?

Yes our daughter is back with me.

LdiJ

Ok..Thank you for your answer. I already spoke with Mediation and they said I can give her extra time if I want. I just have to document what I do. She signed a paper saying she would have her over night and shall return our daughter at the specific time and place.I have not told them about the incident yet. Still I'm looking for my answer?

Yes our daughter is back with me.
Again, I would follow CJane's advice, and I wouldn't give mom any more "extras".

gr8rn

And were you successful in getting on welfare and all the goodies that Mom is on? (that was your goal, right? to get welfare, medical card, WIC, AND child support from Mom who is also on welfare?)

And don't complain that Mom took your child, when she is supposedly on supervised visitation and only had the child overnight because YOU were a "nice guy"? Nothing nice about you. You're a piece of work.

Posting history is a MUST on this one!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I would ask the lawyer you claimed to have had. I'm sure s/he'll be happy to answer your questions... for a fee.

hartterc

And were you successful in getting on welfare and all the goodies that Mom is on? (that was your goal, right? to get welfare, medical card, WIC, AND child support from Mom who is also on welfare?)

And don't complain that Mom took your child, when she is supposedly on supervised visitation and only had the child overnight because YOU were a "nice guy"? Nothing nice about you. You're a piece of work.

Posting history is a MUST on this one!
No I didn't do any of those because I figured why stoop to her level. My outlook on all this has changed the way I think and do things now. People do change. The court system finally worked in my favor. I was angry and not properly thinking and My lawyer helped me out a lot to open my eyes. You can put me down all you want but I will hold my head hi and go on with my life. Again thanks for the help and comments.

Have a great week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">