• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother fighting Father for her kids..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmyjeang

State of New York

My ex was very manipulative. When we broke up he made me believe that if i took my kids out of his house that i could get in trouble for kidnapping. One child is not even his biological child. He has talked me out of taking him to court for about 4 years now. I got married and it took my new husband to snap me out of my ex's brainwashing. He has now been brainwashing my kids. I wrote them letters with their names on the envelope and he opened the letters and did not give them to my kids. I have an attorney but im not too sure he is fit for this battle. I need some advice on what my chances are and how to do the right investigating for my case.

Silverplum

State of New York

My ex was very manipulative. When we broke up he made me believe that if i took my kids out of his house that i could get in trouble for kidnapping. One child is not even his biological child. He has talked me out of taking him to court for about 4 years now. I got married and it took my new husband to snap me out of my ex's brainwashing. He has now been brainwashing my kids. I wrote them letters with their names on the envelope and he opened the letters and did not give them to my kids. I have an attorney but im not too sure he is fit for this battle. I need some advice on what my chances are and how to do the right investigating for my case.
The question to ask is, what circumstances have changed for the children?

Not that you got married. Not that you have a new POV.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
State of New York

How long did you leave your children there. How long have you been broken up? Are there any court orders in place? Where is the father of the child who is not your ex's?

State of New York

Is YOUR child still with the ex? The one that is not biologically his?
Where is the Father of that child?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Not necessarily. That only matters if there is court orders. And one child is NOT biologically the ex's. Did he adopt that child? If not there are issues.

Silverplum

Not necessarily. That only matters if there is court orders. And one child is NOT biologically the ex's. Did he adopt that child? If not there are issues.
There'd better be court orders -- it's been 4 years, and she's remarried. I can't imagine how she managed to get divorced without a determination of custody.

Of course, the child that isn't his is not part of that equation, sans adoption.

What about CS? OP didn't mention CS. That's a first.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
There'd better be court orders -- it's been 4 years, and she's remarried. I can't imagine how she managed to get divorced without a determination of custody.

Of course, the child that isn't his is not part of that equation, sans adoption.

What about CS? OP didn't mention CS. That's a first.
Who says she was EVER married to that father? There are too many missing facts here. She does say for four years he has talked her out of taking him to court. Which means she rolled over and decided her children didn't matter.

Silverplum

Who says she was EVER married to that father? There are too many missing facts here. She does say for four years he has talked her out of taking him to court. Which means she rolled over and decided her children didn't matter.
Ah. True -- no mention of divorce. Sorry.

She won't be back. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ah. True -- no mention of divorce. Sorry.

She won't be back. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Damn I hurt her feelings. But if there are no court orders then she should go get HER CHILD if that child is NOT LEGALLY his. The non-biological that is with him. Of course why her attorney would not have told her that I don't know which has me wondering.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

Mother fighting Father for her kids..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

State of New York

Find a Family Law Attorney

HEY OP. When did you move to SC from New York? Why did you leave your children several states away? When is the last time you have seen your children? Talked to them?

Emmyjeang

Mothers reply.

We were never married. There is a mediation agreement that says he has physical placement but we have joint custody. I moved out of state because the little town i lived in had little employment. No my daughter was not adopted by the ex (boyfriend) never husband. Real dad lives around the corner from my daughter. He can't take care of her so he does nothing. I was suckered into letting him have temp custody because when we separated I had nothng and did not want to drag my kids along for the ride when i had nothing. He went behind my back and took me to court. Since I had nothing i didn't fight.

Emmyjeang

I call my kids everyday. The ex does not answer the phone nor does he return my calls. My attorney did say I could take my daughter BUT. the real dads opinion matters even know he has never done a thing. I see my kids every few months. I have never broken contact with my kids. I didn't just roll over and let the ex screw me either. I am scared to death of him..not physically but mentally. He screwed me up so bad mentally i felt like he was my master and to not disobey him. I write the kids letters and he witholds the letters from the kids.. He is alienating me. I Finally filed a petition when my husband snapped me out of the trance. Now the ex is taking me to court for support. In the mediation agreement it states that neither party can seek support. Does that have to be upheld??

Last edited:

Emmyjeang

My kids are purposely being kept away from their mother because daddy is mad. CPS was called on him and he assumed it was me so he has been slowly pushing me out of their lives.

Emmyjeang

How long did you leave your children there. How long have you been broken up? Are there any court orders in place? Where is the father of the child who is not your ex's?

I have only lived in SC for a little over a year. We have been broke up for about 3 1/2 to 4 years. we were together for 7. We have 2 kids 1 thats mine and not his and 1 that is both of ours. Real dad of the one child lives around the corner from child. Doesn't do too much interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">