• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother going against court order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kel4377

I am located in NY State. I was wondering if a mother keeps going against the court order, what happens? My husband is supposed to see his daughter on Christmas Eve until Christmas morning, and then again that evening for his regular Tuesday night, and she said he's not going to have her at all because she has next week off and she's keeping her. We have already had to call the police twice when he's gone to pick his daughter up because she wouldn't let him have her. They told us to keep calling them and they'd keep coming, and then to take her back to court. What exactly happens? Are they just gonna give her a warning if he takes her back to court? Will they legally do anything????? HELP! It's getting very frustrating! And it's a shame that she's gonna make us have to call the police on Christmas!!!!!

tigger22472

Document everything and take that to court with you. Depending on the judge they may just give her a warning. If it continues, file for custody. One of these times she might not be there when you bring the police for one and for two I'm sure it's not fun for the child to see a police officer come to the door so she can see her father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">