+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Question mother going against court order

    I am located in NY State. I was wondering if a mother keeps going against the court order, what happens? My husband is supposed to see his daughter on Christmas Eve until Christmas morning, and then again that evening for his regular Tuesday night, and she said he's not going to have her at all because she has next week off and she's keeping her. We have already had to call the police twice when he's gone to pick his daughter up because she wouldn't let him have her. They told us to keep calling them and they'd keep coming, and then to take her back to court. What exactly happens? Are they just gonna give her a warning if he takes her back to court? Will they legally do anything????? HELP! It's getting very frustrating! And it's a shame that she's gonna make us have to call the police on Christmas!!!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Monticello, In
    Document everything and take that to court with you. Depending on the judge they may just give her a warning. If it continues, file for custody. One of these times she might not be there when you bring the police for one and for two I'm sure it's not fun for the child to see a police officer come to the door so she can see her father.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Children kidnapped by mother out of US, court order in place, the DA is harassing
    By foreversunny38 in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 06:17 PM
  2. Mother not following court order
    By tmmorton in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 07:07 PM
  3. Custodial Mother Continue To Violate Court Order
    By rickkellypro in forum Child Custody & Visitation
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 10:42 AM
  4. mother took child out of state w/o court order
    By florence in forum Family Law Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-12-2000, 10:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.