• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother keeping kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nmolson07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

My fiance and the mother of his children are currently battleing visitation of their 2 children. There is no court ordered visitation or child support on either end. The mother is refusing to let the father have the children on the weekends like he normally does, this will be the third week in a rold the mother has kept them. What can the father currently do in this situation? The mother is threatening to go for child support, what can my fiance, the father do?

Last edited:

Isis1

My fiance and his ex are currently battleing visitation of their 2 children. There is no court ordered visitation or child support on either end. She is refusing to let him have the children on the weekends like he normally does, this is going on the 3rd week she has kept them. What can we currently do in this situation? She is threatening to go for child support however I don't understand why he would have to pay when the kids are with us 3 days a week and 4 days with her? We provide clothes, food and shelter as does she? I am new to this and want to help...any advice would be great!
https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/newbies-please-read-before-posting-387214.html

please read the link provided and revise your post accordingly.

you'll thank me later.;)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

My fiance and the mother of his children are currently battleing visitation of their 2 children. There is no court ordered visitation or child support on either end. The mother is refusing to let the father have the children on the weekends like he normally does, this will be the third week in a rold the mother has kept them. What can the father currently do in this situation? The mother is threatening to go for child support, what can my fiance, the father do?
If dad and mom are not married then dad has no rights. Dad can file in court to establish paternity, custody/visitation and support. If dad and mom are married (if divorced there would be court orders) then you are not engaged to him. Be aware that it is NOT a threat for mom to file for child support. In fact, dad will most likely end up paying child support.

Silverplum

The child support issue is a non-starter. It's codified; it's based on one of two worksheets, which are based upon one of two standard parenting time schedules; it's also based upon incomes.

Don't bother. It's not an issue that can be controlled or changed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">