• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother wants custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimmy95

I am currently married. I've been in marriage counseling and want a divorce. I had a one night affair, and fear pregnancy. Could a one night affair ruin my chances for custody of my two children?
I live in Minnesota.

LdiJ

kimmy95 said:
I am currently married. I've been in marriage counseling and want a divorce. I had a one night affair, and fear pregnancy. Could a one night affair ruin my chances for custody of my two children?
I live in Minnesota.
By itself that is unlikely to be enough to prevent you from having custody.

kimmy95

mother wanting custody, affair

I thought that's what I would be told, that I could get custody. I just need some reassurance before I go through with a divorce. I do not want a divorce to be with this other man. He lives FAR away, and neither of us is moving. It was a one night thing. I want to divorce my husband because I don't love him. I am just afraid if he knew of the affair, he'd try to take my kids away. I am a good mom, stay at home, do everything for my kids. My husband has been away a lot in our marriage, going back to school and in the air force guards. I already have felt like a single mom anyway. So, the odds are in my favor? Thank you.
(live in MN)

LdiJ

kimmy95 said:
I thought that's what I would be told, that I could get custody. I just need some reassurance before I go through with a divorce. I do not want a divorce to be with this other man. He lives FAR away, and neither of us is moving. It was a one night thing. I want to divorce my husband because I don't love him. I am just afraid if he knew of the affair, he'd try to take my kids away. I am a good mom, stay at home, do everything for my kids. My husband has been away a lot in our marriage, going back to school and in the air force guards. I already have felt like a single mom anyway. So, the odds are in my favor? Thank you.
(live in MN)
Yes, the odds are definitely in your favor. Particularly because your husband has been away so much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">