• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion Filing ?'s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fighting!

My name is Rob and I have alot of things I want to take my ex into court over. I do not wish to have an attorney and I need to know where to go and how to file a motion. There is more than one subject I am taking her in over. Do I have to explain on the motion exactly what all I am going to be addressing? And do I have to file a seperate motion for each topic? One more ?, What does this cost???

Thank you for your help!

srwright66

First thing is research. You can get forms at your library.
The cost depends on your filing fees in your county. You better be sure you want to do this without an attorney. Its OK for agreed upon things. But going in there fighting is a different subject. A good attorney can tear you to shreds in there, and some judges do not favor people doing it pro se. I did it myself and won. I saved $1000's but I also ivested at least that many hours researching and writing and rewriting. It has to be as close to perfect as possible or you could loose everything just on improper wording. If you can handle it go for it but you better be serious about it.
I'm taking my ex back to court and it is only costing me $23.

H

hound dog

srwrite66 tell me more about his. Exactly what are you taking him back to court for? How do you get started?

R

ROCHELLE VANCURA

filings?

Have you thought about a paralegale they prepare all your paperwork for a fee and even file it with courts some of them give free consultations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">