• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which motion to keep child in my state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Big Norm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Short of it: My daughters mother and i were never married. We have no formal custody agreemant through any court. We both signed the statement of paternity before our daughters birth and I am on the birth certificate. My ex fled the state with our daughter weeks ago. I filed for joint custody right after she left. If I can get her to return to Arizona, what motion do i need to file to prevent her from taking our daughter back out of state and gives me temporary custody of our daughter? the emergency temp custody order is for post-decree which we dont have since we havent gone to court yet. The pre decree motions have to wait for a hearing I beleive, which would be too late as she'd be long gone before it happened. She has not been served papers for the petition to establish legal decision making/parenting time yet.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Short of it: My daughters mother and i were never married. We have no formal custody agreemant through any court. We both signed the statement of paternity before our daughters birth and I am on the birth certificate. My ex fled the state with our daughter weeks ago. I filed for joint custody right after she left. If I can get her to return to Arizona, what motion do i need to file to prevent her from taking our daughter back out of state and gives me temporary custody of our daughter? the emergency temp custody order is for post-decree which we dont have since we havent gone to court yet. The pre decree motions have to wait for a hearing I beleive, which would be too late as she'd be long gone before it happened. She has not been served papers for the petition to establish legal decision making/parenting time yet.
Norm...Please keep all Child Custody questions on one thread. Lock this thread and post the question on the other.

Thanks

Blue

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">