• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion To Modify Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charlisao

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I'm filing a motion to modify custody per my 15 year old daughter's request. My question is, do I include the motion to modify child support in the divorce modification I file, or do I wait and file it in a separate court action?

penelope10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I'm filing a motion to modify custody per my 15 year old daughter's request. My question is, do I include the motion to modify child support in the divorce modification I file, or do I wait and file it in a separate court action?
You would file the motions together. You do know that there must be a material change in circumstances that affects the welfare of the child for a modification in custody to happen. A simple request by a 15 year old will not cut it in court.

Contact the clerk's office in the county that you are filing the modification of the decree and they should be able to steer you in the direction of how to file the paperwork.

Last edited:

charlisao

You would file the motions together. You do know that there must be a material change in circumstances that affects the welfare of the child for a modification in custody to happen. A simple request by a 15 year old will not cut it in court.

Contact the clerk's office in the county that you are filing the modification of the decree and they should be able to steer you in the direction of how to file the paperwork.
The court clerk here are not allowed to tell you anything. All they can do is take your money and stamp whatever paperwork you file. They will stamp it if it's write or wrong. I understand the material change, thank you for reminding me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">