• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to modify Decree of Divorce / Temporary custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Perky

Seems like you're trying to get the hang of this forum!

This info, from your profile/visitor messages, belongs in a post in this thread (so I'm doing it for you):

After an 8 year marriage in which our marriage ended due to my ex having an affair. Our two boys have always lived with me since the separtation, well it took 2 years to receive our Decree of Divorce we went through 7 divorce packets before we both finally agreed. And since then my ex has been involved and incuraged my oldest son to take me and current boyfriend to the state for child abuse / neglect which there was a full investigation done and the case was closed no finding of abuse / neglect well we all moved on.

My ex has always had a way with my oldest emotionally they both had a way of making me feel bad that the boys lived with me and not their father my youngest makes very few comments but I think he is following his older brothers comments. There have been minor situations like my oldest boy or my ex's current wife will request extended visitation in fact they would make it seem that is was more important that the boys were there for my ex's current wifes birthday and not mine I am their mom also their dad never would let them switch the mother's day weekend so my boys could be home for mother's day after time my boys seemed like it was just okay to not be with me for any special holidays,

I have delt with this years, me and my ex have not been together for going on 7 years he has always talked through my oldest son and through his current wife I have only talked to him a few times since the separation. This is the kind of stuff I am talking about. I had got to a point of thinking that maybe my boys dont love me, and questioned why is their father more important than I am?

By the end of the summer I had put my foot down to the extended visits due to I never had time to take my kids out for family outings. My family always ask where are the boys, well my family needs to see the boys and the boys need to see my family not just my ex's family or his current wifes family I have always encouraged my boys to have a strong relationship with their dad and stepmom in which she is the on my ex had the affair with, yeah it was hard for along time but really what can you do? Nothing really just move on and make the best of it especially when there are kids involved

I have talked with his current wife more than I have talked with my ex? So for him to make acusations espectially when he dont even know who I am and get my son involved? My ex is taking me to court for the same aligations and wants sole custody with me okayed to have visitation only if I am married.

Now my oldest boy which has recently went to live with his dad the early part of this year. Since his dad has filed with the courts for sole custody and also a temporary order for custody of both boys my oldest son has not been home for visitaions my ex has informed me that my oldest boy just wants to live his life and be left alone this is not like my oldest boy me and him are good friends.

The youngest boy still lives with me but wants to live with his brother whatever house they would reside in he just wants to be with his brother. My ex and current wife is always asking my youngest boy where do you want to live every visit. My ex has always done this with my oldest boy from the beginning. My ex claims he is the only one my boys go to for nurturing and care. Are you kidding. Since the summer time my ex and current wife have become very involved in the church and are working on getting married in the temple, my ex only attends sacrament? My oldest boy became a decon and they never let me know so I could attend?

I have came acrossed some interesting information but that is sick at the same time... It is called PAS Parent Alienation Syndrom. When I was reading this my stomach turned upside down... This PAS information was laying our lives out as I was reading it... I have answered to the court for the motion to modify the Decree of Divorce/Affidavitt for temporary order. I had paid a layer for a 2 hour consultation due to the only thing I thought I was wrong for doing is living with a man I was not married to which my ex had always told me it was in our Decree of Divorce when I found my Decree of Divorce and found this is not true...

So I had came to relize I will fight this on my own I dont want to loose everything Me and my current boyfriend have built up and aquired for our family in the last 3 and 1/2 years and also become in dept due to my ex has some of his own personal problems.. I have not done anything wrong, I mind my own buissnes I am a very easy going person and I have taken the back burner for my kids to have extra time with their father and look what it has gotten me. ( by the way me and my boyfriend have been raising 5 kids for the past 3 and 1/2 years. two from my ex 1 of his own 1 of my own and one of our own.) Anyone please help.

Last edited:

Perky

Well, you've got it now. However, your post is very long, and you aren't quite clear about the help you're seeking.

What are your specific questions?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Taking out all the drama that doesn't matter (and even some of what I kept might not matter):

OP has two children who have lived with her since she divorced their father.
Ex accused OP of abuse but the case was closed as unfounded.
Ex has been extending the visits against OP's wishes and is now suing OP for sole custody.
Apparently, the oldest boy has moved in with his father. The youngest still lives with OP.
OP would like to use the concept of PAS against her ex.

A direct quote from OP:

I have answered to the court for the motion to modify the Decree of Divorce/Affidavitt for temporary order. I had paid a layer for a 2 hour consultation due to the only thing I thought I was wrong for doing is living with a man I was not married to which my ex had always told me it was in our Decree of Divorce when I found my Decree of Divorce and found this is not true...Me and my current boyfriend have...become in dept due to my ex has some of his own personal problems.

I think she just wants to retain custody, but she's not clear on the current custody order, re: legal/physical/sole/50-50.

Now, Sheila, if you want to respond just look at the left hand side of the screen toward the bottom for "Post Reply". Just click that and start posting.

Last edited:

shelia30

my first question: I have sent in my answer to the courts and the ex's attormey what is the next step in the court process and how is the next step determined within the courts.

Also has anyone heard of PAS being used in court?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
You should read this thread that was just created a few days ago. It's an excellent discussion on PAS. After you paste the link into your browser, delete the space between the h and first t before clicking go.

h ttp://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/pas-custody-cases-441548.html

Humusluvr

Apparently, she's gearing up to make everyone call her "DR. Humus!" ;) (I'd link, but the thread was deleted due to vileness yesterday.)

Just stand back if you don't want to get hurt! :p
I'm working on it! It looks like I shall be taking Vertebrate Embryology and "Top Sem: Cultrl Fndtns of Educ" whatever the heck that means.

That other thread was seriously vile. I remember it from several weeks ago when he posted Adult content. Jerk-o, that guy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">