• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Prevent Removal and bribes with CS from custodial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleaseassist

ETA And the comment about a timeline was that one HERE would help you get better responses.
I'm having a hard time understanding what you meant. Which comment?

The timeline is very detailed. I have had 3 lawyers tell me to do this, I did it after the second one told me to. It's already proven very useful.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

The timeline is very detailed. I have had 3 lawyers tell me to do this, I did it after the second one told me to. It's already proven very useful.
The other posters are asking for clarification of the time-line of things that have occurred.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

We are trying to figure out what happenned when. Just deal with your current lawyer - s/he is being paid. We are not.

Proserpina

A timeline would be handy.
I have been making a detailed time line since last year when she left the first time to go so far for so long

When did you file to modify? Last Nov. And why?? because I moved closer and finally have her own room for her. Because I can finally - after lots of hard work and dedication - afford it.

When did Mom tell you her intentions?
Saturday night. Three days ago.

The problem you have is that you've filed to modify custody without having a reason for doing so. You can't just up and decide to switch things around simply because you're now in a better position - you're no longer standing equal to Mom. By that, I mean that during an initial determination you and Mom are equal - but now that custody has been decided, you're NOT equal...now you're in a position where you have to do two things.

1. Prove that there has been a substantial change of circumstances. Your finally getting everything together is not a CoC.

2. If you pass #1, THEN the court wants to know whether or not such changes warrant a change in custody.

You haven't done either - and while Mom hasn't done everything right either, chances are you've "spooked" her into running.

But still, you're NOT being clear. Now you're saying that you filed to modify the original petition in...November of last year? I thought it was only last year that you'd received court ordered visitation?

I don't think you're understanding your situation, at all.

Proserpina

Where did everyone go?

Dude - you didn't start this thread until mid afternoon yesterday!

Permission to take time off to sleep, trivial stuff like that please?

(Actually I think we need to spell it out - we are not paid attorneys, and in fact there is only one family law attorney posting on the custody boards - the rest of us are mere mortals trying to help you at least become familiar with the basics. Due to that, give us a break wouldya? :) )

pleaseassist

My timeline is 10 pages long plus in word document. (also i'd be exposing my most valuable asset online for her.)

I have had a lawyer yes but I have exhausted my funds, I've had a couple free consultations, this is where I was told to make this time line happen.

Florida has specific laws that state that the parents should share custody as equally as possible unless there is a reason why it can't happen, the reason it couldn't happen was the distance, the distance is not an issue anymore, there is no reason why I shouldn't see my daughter more than 52 nights out of 365 a year. I don't really need advice as to if its worth my time in the opinions,

I'm really asking: Will the court care about her trying to give me her eppicard as a bribe to let her leave?

Will the court grant her move without substantial reason to move? (she has the same paying job here already, no family there etc)

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My timeline is 10 pages long plus in word document. (also i'd be exposing my most valuable asset online for her.)

I have had a lawyer yes but I have exhausted my funds, I've had a couple free consultations, this is where I was told to make this time line happen.

Florida has specific laws that state that the parents should share custody as equally as possible unless there is a reason why it can't happen, the reason it couldn't happen was the distance, the distance is not an issue anymore, there is no reason why I shouldn't see my daughter more than 52 nights out of 365 a year. I don't really need advice as to if its worth my time in the opinions,

I'm really asking: Will the court care about her trying to give me her eppicard as a bribe to let her leave?

Will the court grant her move without substantial reason to move? (she has the same paying job here already, no family there etc)
You need a substantial change in circumstance in the LIFE OF THE CHILD to change custody. Changes in your circumstance matter not. So because you don't want to hear truth, I highly doubt anyone is going to waste their time on you. Carry on.

pleaseassist

You need a substantial change in circumstance in the LIFE OF THE CHILD to change custody. Changes in your circumstance matter not. So because you don't want to hear truth, I highly doubt anyone is going to waste their time on you. Carry on.
Ok the only information my prev lawyer would give me is that he would personally file an emergency change in custody to stop her from leaving the state with my daughter,

I only want to know how long this will take and whether or not the judge will care about bribing, I'm really not sure why you need to agree with why I want custody to answer my question :( :( :( :(

Isis1

*headdesk*

no. the courts will NOT care what mom does with HER child support money.

Silverplum

Ok the only information my prev lawyer would give me is that he would personally file an emergency change in custody to stop her from leaving the state with my daughter,

I only want to know how long this will take and whether or not the judge will care about bribing, I'm really not sure why you need to agree with why I want custody to answer my question :( :( :( :(
Did you come here for legal answers, or to challenge the knowledge of the volunteers? :confused:

Zigner

pleaseassist:

You say there are temporary orders in place. Do those orders restrict mom from removing the child from the state?

Last edited:

Zigner

Never mind - here is the law that you are referring to. You are wrong in saying that it doesn't allow her to move.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0000-0099/0061/Sections/0061.13001.html

What it says is that she has to notify you at least 60 days in advance of the move. If you agree, great, it all works out. If you don't agree, then she has to go through the courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">